140 and Canada immigration

rsc

Registered Users (C)
I am in the process of US immigration and have received RFE for 140 (RD 04/04). Looong time ago, I also applied for canadian immig which has come thru now. anyone know if this will affect my USA immigration. i am planning to enter (landing) by road in canada. any precautions, i should take. i have AP to reenter.

rsc said:
I am in the process of US immigration and have received RFE for 140 (RD 04/04). Looong time ago, I also applied for canadian immig which has come thru now. anyone know if this will affect my USA immigration. i am planning to enter (landing) by road in canada. any precautions, i should take. i have AP to reenter.

Canadian immigration should in no way affect your GC processing. However a bit of caution is necessary when doing the landing, if you are lucky the Canadian Immigration officer will not ask any questions, but sometimes it might be necessary for you to do some convincing to show that you are indeed serious about immigrating to Canada. There are some good canadian immigration forums where people in your same exact situation have posted their landing experiences.

I was more or less in the same situation as you, I did my landing via air and I had a very smooth landing experience.

any problems while re-entering?

returing to US...this is even more of a concern. do US authoritities ask why you were visiting? or might they look at the stamped IN-1 visa and figure out stuff and screw us up.

i think i should have chosen to fly...but i am driving thru. hopefully it will be smooth.

thanks.

Did same thing in December 2004

On my way coming back, I took off the imigration paper that the Canadian Immigration stamped on my passport. When they asked, purpose of visit, I said "I was on vaccation"

Hi: I have the same situation with you. I drove a car for landing and they didn't asked me any tough questions. When I came back, I used H1 visa and told them I had a two day vacation. If you have a valid Hi ( also, have AP), it won't have problem to come back. Just my opinion.

I am also a Canadian PR, but that was never used.

In my case I got the Canadian PR (in six months) and just after that got an H1B to the US. I used to go Vancouver BC every month just trying to keep my Canadian residency. I gave up though as I got tired of travelling to Canada after a while.

I have the same situation. I went to Vancouver, Canadian officer was a terrible lady, she yell my daughter to stop her playing on my back. She asked me if I wanted to settled down in Canada this time, unfortunately I said I was still working in U.S, I would settled down by the end of year. She said she doubt about if I were willing to be PR in Canada. She still approved my case, but she said my name would be in monitor of Canadian immigration to see if I'll actually stayed in CA for more than 2 years in next 5 years.

When I back to U.S, U.S office is very nice, he made some jokes to my daughter and then asked if I bought anything for her. Then after see my driver license and asked me the purpose of visiting CA(I said for vacation), then he just let us go. I feel like I love U.S.A at that moment.

i came back on AP and told them I had gone to Canadian PR landing

i thought i should tell them the truth as they would figure that out anyway. a bad decision???