140/485 waiting with current Priority date and Processing date.

was your date current, what option you chose to talk to rep

a_vind said:
I called USCIS y'day and was wondering abt my 485 status. She asked me when was the last time I got update. I said the only update I could see is the message at the uscis website which was updated on 13th Dec, 2005.

The representative told me since it is over 60 days to get the update she will initiate the inquiry on my case. Took all my personal information and asked me to call back again after 30 days if I dont here anything.

I guess, may be the same msg I get now like Soham.

you will get approval soon

soham13 said:
Friends,

I got 3 emails from CRIS today with the same message as below. My Lawyer had initiated a status enquiry on Jan,27th 2006.

Also the LUD on 485 is 02/21/2006. Anyways I am happy to see the changed message at last instead of that one with 800/900 days .But What this message could be ? Any body has simmilar emails before? Just praying for approval....!

======================
Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 21, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Thanks,

Hi Soham,

You should see your 485 approved anytime very soon as your details are matching the current 'priority date' 2002 which is already crossed your 2000 and the 'date of receipt of notice of 485' 2005 which is also already crossed your 2004.

Pls keep us updated.

Good luck.
a_vind

disgusting CSR

My PD is current now as of March with Jan 2001 and I called and tried VSC 2 times saying that my PD is current and they would not listen at all and said that the RD we are processing is 15th Feb and your RD is Jun 2005, I told them that people who are filling now with current PD are getting approved in 1-3 months and the sicko's wouldn't care. Now that means we have to wait for 2-3 months and these basties are using both dates to get us off,

anyone else in the same situation and suggestion on how to get around it

a_vind said:
Hi Soham,

You should see your 485 approved anytime very soon as your details are matching the current 'priority date' 2002 which is already crossed your 2000 and the 'date of receipt of notice of 485' 2005 which is also already crossed your 2004.

Pls keep us updated.

Good luck.
a_vind

A_vind,

My Lawyer got the response letter for the status query initiated. Here is message from the Paralegal :

"We have received the attached letter in response to our inquiry on your
case. The letter states that your priority date is not current and no
visa numbers are available, however, we are aware that this information is
incorrect as your priority date was current at the time of inquiry and
remains current for the month of March. The attorney is therefore
placing an inquiry through AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) to see if we can find out why USCIS is saying this. " :mad: :confused:

Any one knows how long the AILA inquiry takes to respond ? Hoping get some good news.....!

Thanks,

Ignorant USCIS!!

soham13 said:
A_vind,

My Lawyer got the response letter for the status query initiated. Here is message from the Paralegal :

"We have received the attached letter in response to our inquiry on your
case. The letter states that your priority date is not current and no
visa numbers are available, however, we are aware that this information is
incorrect as your priority date was current at the time of inquiry and
remains current for the month of March. The attorney is therefore
placing an inquiry through AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) to see if we can find out why USCIS is saying this. " :mad: :confused:

Any one knows how long the AILA inquiry takes to respond ? Hoping get some good news.....!

Thanks,

My god. This is so sad that USCIS giving false reasons and lying so openly that too in written.

Hope AILA will take care of this.

Backgrond check

Today I have received a letter from USCIS for the enquiry that I filed about the delay in 485 approval.

The letter says my background investigation/check is still on and hence the decision on 485 is pending. As soon as the background check is done they(USCIS) will take a decision on my 485. Until then Jai Hind. :eek:

Does anybody know what sould be my next step.

Thanks so much.

a_vind
VSC
Labor AD in 2000
485 RD Oct 2005
485 AD ??

Same problem here - USCIS lying and changing stories!

My 485 is pending with NSC since May 2004. In the 1st status enquiry they gave the reason of background check pending, and told me to call after 6 months. After 6 months I called again to enquire, this time round they wrote that this service is waiting for visa availability. The last enquiry was in March 2006. Please note that my PD is current (has been since January 2006). The USCIS CSR is absolutely useless and so are many of the immigration officers. I called CS today and the lady kept saying that Sir you are already in the US and you do not need a visa! I kept explaining to her for quite some time and she stilll didn.t get it - I almost came to the point of tellling her that you do not know anything please transfer me to an Immigration officer. It turned out that this idiot was even worst and eventually the phone got disconnected. This experience is utterly frustrating.

Anyway, I am considering a move to Norway - getting a permanent job offer in an oil company. 3 years in Norway and you automatically get the green card. Lived in Denmark for 5 years, great countries.