140/485 waiting with current Priority date and Processing date.

phoneix123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Dudes,

Great forum and thank you for the insights all of you provide for lot of silent readers like me.
I am desperatley in need of help.Please take a moment to look at my case and let me know how should I proceed in this Scenario.

Sub lBR Eb3/ind TSC
Priority date 12/99
140 RD 4/05 AD???? LUD 8/16
485 RD 8/05 AD???? LUD 9/16
FP-Code3 9/15 for Self and Spouse
EAD AD 9/05
AP AD 9/05

As you see there is no change on my 140.My standard message from USCIS is "Your app is recd and it will take 400/450 days to reply.I am seeing the current processing date for 140 in TSC is 12/05.My attorney is saying we cannot initiate a query because 450days is the processing time for your case and if we do not hear back from TSC till 7/06 then a query can be generated.Basically the attorney is saying that for generating a query we can only go with the standard processing time message which comes for everycase instead of the processing date window for every center.Is that true?
My current H1 will expire on JAN07 and I am worried about it.
Is there any remote chance by which I may get both 485 and 140 approved at the same time as my priority date is current right now.Please tell me what can I do apart from waiting.
I thank you for reading my post.

If I were u I will do the following:
1) Call CIS and ask about your case (Does not hurt, nothing to lose)
2) Schedule Infopass to talk about case status as PD is current now.
3) Verify if your Name Check is still pending
4) Ask lawyer to perform AILA inquiry (He may refuse to do that, mine refused too)
5) Use the painful option: Continue waiting.

Keep your hopes alive, maybe something good is coming for you.

Thanks Moroni,

How to verify if I am struck in Name Check.
Since I saw a LUD the day after after I did my code3,I thought my name check is cleared.Of course I get the standard message on my 485 receipt that it will take 900 days...
My attorney says I cannot call since it is about 140 only the company can call.

Difference FP and Name Check

The Lud after the code 3 just indicates that the FP check has been completed. That is completely different from the name check.

Hi Moroni,

Can you please help me to know the details of AILA inquiry ?

What is meant by AILA inquiry ?

Only attorney can do this ?

Will they give exact status of the case ?

Thanks
MJ Raj

i am in same boat

my pd also 6th march 2000
rd - i485 -july 15th-2005
both are current
bio done- 6th oct 2005
lud change- 7th oct 2005 next day
i am from india
eb-3 skilled worker

please help me too--------------gurus

bakula61 said:
my pd also 6th march 2000
rd - i485 -july 15th-2005
both are current
bio done- 6th oct 2005
lud change- 7th oct 2005 next day
i am from india
eb-3 skilled worker

please help me too--------------gurus

your priority date as of today is not current. it will be current in march.

In the same Boat

Friends,

Pl. see my signature for the details. My Lawyer Submitted Case status inquiry on 01/27/06. No reply yet....! Praying for the approval to come soon....!

Thanks,

I am in same boat

I am in same boat, did a enquiry and found that my Name Check was pending .
Hoping my case will get approved soon. God bless all.

Cheers

How does the option 2 on info pass work, finally it is still the Service Center

does the local immigration officer have any authority to approve your case or open an inquiry etc...
moroni said:
If I were u I will do the following:
1) Call CIS and ask about your case (Does not hurt, nothing to lose)
2) Schedule Infopass to talk about case status as PD is current now.
3) Verify if your Name Check is still pending
4) Ask lawyer to perform AILA inquiry (He may refuse to do that, mine refused too)
5) Use the painful option: Continue waiting.

Keep your hopes alive, maybe something good is coming for you.

Waiting for 485 approval!

Friends,
My substitute labor PD is in 2000 under EB2 category at VSC from India. I got AP, EAD, 140, and 485 filed on 27th of Sept 2005 and approved everything except 485.
Do I doubt if I have name check pending and start inquiring? Please help and suggest me. Thanks.
a_vind :confused:

simmilar case

Hey Vinod,

My case is also simmilar. I applied 485 in Nov.04 . The sub labor PD is April,2000. See details in the signature.

Pl Let me know if you initiate any steps to get approved early.

Thanks,

Substitute Labor

soham13 said:
Hey Vinod,

My case is also simmilar. I applied 485 in Nov.04 . The sub labor PD is April,2000. See details in the signature.

Pl Let me know if you initiate any steps to get approved early.

Thanks,

Hi,
Yes, almost same case. Except that I applied 485 on 27th Sept, 2005.
Could some one pls tell me if substitute labor takes more time than own labot for 485 approval?

Thanks
a_vind

I am also in same boat. For me I-140 is clear 5/2005.
Security name check was also done in 11/2005

Subst LC
PD : 8/1997
I-485 - file date 4/2004
I-485 - RD - 5/2004

Last update date :11/2005 ( after name check)

I called USCIS couple of week back, no response yet.

What will be the best way to approach ? Lawyer or using infopass to contact
USCIS ?

Thanks in advance

Update on my Case

Friends,

I got 3 emails from CRIS today with the same message as below. My Lawyer had initiated a status enquiry on Jan,27th 2006.

Also the LUD on 485 is 02/21/2006. Anyways I am happy to see the changed message at last instead of that one with 800/900 days .But What this message could be ? Any body has simmilar emails before? Just praying for approval....!

======================
Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 21, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Thanks,

Called USCIS

soham13 said:
Friends,

I got 3 emails from CRIS today with the same message as below. My Lawyer had initiated a status enquiry on Jan,27th 2006.

Also the LUD on 485 is 02/21/2006. Anyways I am happy to see the changed message at last instead of that one with 800/900 days .But What this message could be ? Any body has simmilar emails before? Just praying for approval....!

======================
Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 21, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Thanks,

I called USCIS y'day and was wondering abt my 485 status. She asked me when was the last time I got update. I said the only update I could see is the message at the uscis website which was updated on 13th Dec, 2005.

The representative told me since it is over 60 days to get the update she will initiate the inquiry on my case. Took all my personal information and asked me to call back again after 30 days if I dont here anything.

I guess, may be the same msg I get now like Soham.