140/485 approved on Dec 10 but...

confused&happy

:)
Hi
My husband and i received our i-140 and I-485 approval on Dec 10. We somehow managed to get an appointment for Dec 21. But er haven't received our approval letter yet. It was mailed on Dec 10. How long do they take to get to the concerned persons?
We are thinking of leaving for our home country on dec 26 after the stamping. Is I-551 (temporary stamping?) enough to leave and come back without any problems?

Also, one of my friends mentioned that if you are not in the country when the green card arrives in registered mail then you will have trouble getting the actual card. Is that true?

I am happy but confused too.....
Please enlighten me..

:eek:

Cool down. You got give it a little time. It's been 5 days since they sent your approval letter by mail. So give it a little more time. You should be receiving it soon. As for travelling with I551 stamping, you are just fine. Don't worry.
Okay about the physical card, it's sent to you by regular mail, so all you need is a mail box where someone will dump it in. But if your are little anxious about the card, why don't you ask one of your friends to collect your mails.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney, please consult one. :)

Congratulations !!

I think you should be fine to travel and return with an I-551 stamp. But please ensure that you do get the stamp before you travel. The card will be in the mail and you can ask a friend to monitor yout mailbox while you are gone.

Finally, it would really help the community to know your RD and your employment category used in the filing.

cheers,

Thanks for the replies. That puts my mind to rest.

My I140 receipt date was Feb 22 2004 and I-485 was March 10 2004. And I was in EB3 or EB2 category. My lawyer is very secretive he did not tell me.

I received one RFE which reached them on Dec 8 and they approved and mailed on Dec 10.
I am not sure what is RD. Sorry

Thanks again