140/485 Approved - ND Apr 2003

da_best

Registered Users (C)
Today is my day. My 140 and 485 both got approved this week. My case is EB2 and I had RFE on 140 (w2 and Company ability to Pay) we replied 3 weeks back Yesterday my 140 is approved and today mine and spouce 485 is approved. ND and RD is around Apr 28 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
da_best said:
Today is my day. My 140 and 485 both got approved this week. My case is EB2 and I had RFE on 140 (w2 and Company ability to Pay) we replied 3 weeks back Yesterday my 140 is approved and today my and spouce 485 is approved. ND and RD is arounf Apr 28 2003.
Congrats. That is real cool. Looks it is time to shed my sceptic thoughts about implementation of FO memo.

Congrats! Please let us know when your finger printing was done?

My I-140 notice date is May-03 and I-485 ND Jul-03. no FP yet, no I-140 approval. EAD and AP approved in Nov 03.

Just want to know if I can hope for something similar? Can any body shed some light.

Thanks

congrates dude,

and thats why you do not see update on the website.

May be they will roll out 485 column from there presentation and would do some extra work to show all dates based on i-140.

FP is most important part here though,did any one from Aug-sep got FP notice?

da_best..congrats!!!

Enjoy your time.

If my I140 gets through I will be getting both approved on the same day. I am convinced now....any day within next 6 days.

My RFE was same as yours (except asked for changing category from EB2 to EB3). Let me see what happens.

Jharkhandi said:
Congrats. That is real cool. Looks it is time to shed my sceptic thoughts about implementation of FO memo.

please shed your thoughts on.

1. What pattern VSC has taken?
2. what do you think VSC gonna do with pending cases (concurrent) without FP?
3. do you think its good if I-140 is not approved with the stream of approvals.

manojvig said:
congrates dude,

and thats why you do not see update on the website.

May be they will roll out 485 column from there presentation and would do some extra work to show all dates based on i-140.

FP is most important part here though,did any one from Aug-sep got FP notice?
Manojvig: I have my FP done last May and my I-140 RD is 3 monthes passed the processing date, but still in pending. There is no rule in VSC. IC

FP Notice

Guys do the 485 status gets updated when they send out FP notice ?
I did address change and so i am worried .

not sure of G-28 and LUD

Nothing has changed for our I485, G-28 was sent along with RFE response which was received on 7th June.

Only EB2

Only EB2 applications are approved concurrently. I guess that the reson why we are seeing tons of RFE to change the category from EB2 to EB3.
I'm not sure of my I-140 category but I will take I-140 approval any given day and wait for I-485...

EB2 only..

It makes sense now considering only EB2 are concurrently processed. Was this in FO memo????

I can settle for just I140 for now....no problems.

aks999 said:
please shed your thoughts on.

1. What pattern VSC has taken?
2. what do you think VSC gonna do with pending cases (concurrent) without FP?
3. do you think its good if I-140 is not approved with the stream of approvals.

1. It is too early for me to think about pattern. I am coping with the fact that FO memo has started! :rolleyes:
2. I will go by my original analysis that not everyone will get benefit right now. Some people will get approval as test cases, but rest will come in separate queue before FO memo is fully implemented(% of people getting benefit of FO memo will keep on increasing with time though). People without FP and close to PTR of their category will have to wait a little longer. Maybe people who applied sometimes in 2004 will get FP notices soon.
3. Depends - for people of May 2003 - it is good to get 485 concurrently adjudicated. If it is streamlined process - then it is good to get 140 done for late 2003 application, as I have apprehension that 140 dates will not move as fast in coming days or may move back. (again I would love to be wrong on this point.)

Anyway it is good to get 140 approval as fast as you can. You will get some time to plan before you get 485 done.

I also see two patterns - EB2 cases getting benefit of memo and that all who got benefit recd RFE. Leave it open for speculations...

Jharkhandi said:
1. It is too early for me to think about pattern. I am coping with the fact that FO memo has started! :rolleyes:
2. I will go by my original analysis that not everyone will get benefit right now. Some people will get approval as test cases, but rest will come in separate queue before FO memo is fully implemented(% of people getting benefit of FO memo will keep on increasing with time though). People without FP and close to PTR of their category will have to wait a little longer. Maybe people who applied sometimes in 2004 will get FP notices soon.
3. Depends - for people of May 2003 - it is good to get 485 concurrently adjudicated. If it is streamlined process - then it is good to get 140 done for late 2003 application, as I have apprehension that 140 dates will not move as fast in coming days or may move back. (again I would love to be wrong on this point.)

Anyway it is good to get 140 approval as fast as you can. You will get some time to plan before you get 485 done.

I also see two patterns - EB2 cases getting benefit of memo and that all who got benefit recd RFE. Leave it open for speculations...

Thanks for your inputs. Guess some delayed I-140 cases get adv. of this memo. and also most of the cases filed in 04 might get adv. of it.