140/485/765/131

Ravinka said:
Hi Techy 2468,

I am also sailing in the same boat like spiicy..But I am from India..

Ravinka

Ravinka,
when did you file? and when did you get your EAD and AP approved? Is your case also in TSC and are you filing under schedule A

Hi Spiicy,

Great surprise... :D I got my receipt number today 5/10.And also received appointment for biometrics from USCIS. My receipt number starts from SRC,I think my case transfered to TSC from NSC.I am also filing under schedule A. When we go for taking fingerprinting, do we need to pay anything? Will they charge for it? My appointment date for biometrics is on oct 11.

Spiicy, it seems you received your EAD and AP with in 3-5 days after your finger printing. Am I right? If so, I am also expecting to get my EAD soon.

Ravinka.

Ravinka said:
Hi Spiicy,

Great surprise... :D I got my receipt number today 5/10.And also received appointment for biometrics from USCIS. My receipt number starts from SRC,I think my case transfered to TSC from NSC.I am also filing under schedule A. When we go for taking fingerprinting, do we need to pay anything? Will they charge for it? My appointment date for biometrics is on oct 11.

Spiicy, it seems you received your EAD and AP with in 3-5 days after your finger printing. Am I right? If so, I am also expecting to get my EAD soon.

Ravinka.

Hi Ravinka,
NO you don't have to pay anything just do as it says in the letter and that is it. When did you file? Well good luck and about the EAD and AP you might get it sooner than you think. Good luck once again.

ravinka.....can you please let me know what is your Receipt date.....and when did you file....i think my dates are similar to yours.....i am still waiting for receipt notice...

Hi Techy2468,

I have filed I 140,485 765, 131 on sep 15 2006. I received receipt notice on oct 5 2006.

Ravinka

btw ravinka....congrats that your 485 is accepted and you should get EAD and AP......so even if your case goes into EB3 due to exhaustion of Schedule A visa numbers.......you will still have EAD and AP and you should be able to switch employers after 6 months using a law called as AC21..

one more thing....schedule A is right now top priority for uscis....i wont be surprised if your case gets approved well before the numbers are exhausted.

I filed on sep 27, Recept Date (RD)=09/29/2006.....yet to receive the receipt notice (i saw the receipt number on my checks).......your receipt date must be somewhere between sep 18-sep 22??

Hi friends,

Now I have a different question. My husband is in H1B, which expires on nov 2008. If he gets EAD can he change his employer immediatly and work independently using EAD? Is there any problems in that?

Ravinka

Hi Spiicy,

My I140 receipt notice says I come under section "skilled worker or professional"

What is written in your I 140 receipt notice? samething or schedule A?
Any LUD after your EAD?

Ravinka

Hi Spiicy,

Thanks for the info. I checked the link. What does it mean? Yours and mine looks similar. Keep in touch..Are you working now?

Ravinka

it means that there is a waiting list now......that means if your 485 was approved they will not issue the GC to you till that date reached your Receipt Date..........i am sorry to be the bearer of the bad news......but those from retrogressed countries (eg india) will have to prepare for a very long wait unless there is a new law to help the current schedule A workers.....since once the schedule A visas end (in the next 3-4 months, just a guesstimate) you will be in EB3 category...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi techy2468,

Thanks...Anyway we have to wait untill it comes to current.But now my worries started. Pray for good things to happen.

Ravinka

Hi friends,

My FP code-3 was done on oct 11. But no LUD after that. Have you all had this problem? Is it very short period? or Do I need to wait? What should I do?
Still waiting to receive EAD....

Ravinka

Schedule A news

Hi,

I got this news from one of the members of this forum...

Earlier primarily registered nurses, physical therapists used to file their GC application under EB3. In May 205, US Govt. to ameliorate the shortage of nurses and physical therapists in the United States, granted 50,000 visa numbers exclusively for them and made a separate category called Schedule A. This was one time allotment.

Unlike other categories in the DOS Visa Bulletin, once the Schedule A numbers are all used, no more will be issued unless the law changes to increase the quota again.

If the Schedule A numbers are depleted, these cases will be charged against the regular employment-based, third preference quota (EB3 visa numbers), as they were before. If this happens, existing and future applications from primarily registered nurses and physical therapists will be considered under EB3.

References:

http://www.shusterman.com/siu.html#2

http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/090106_P.html (Predictions on Visa Availability for Nurses and Physical Therapists)

Ravinka

Hi Friends,

We filed concurently under schedule A for me and my spouse together, I am the primary applicant and my spouse is dependant applicant. When I see my spouse case status online (I 765) it says like,

"On October 13, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Nothing changed in my status. No LUD in my case. How could it happen? They should see my case first, since I am the primary applicant. Is n't it?

Please give your inputs..Thanks in Advance..

Ravinka

Hi,

One of my friends he filed concurrently (registerde nurse), same like me on sep 20 2006. I filed on sep 15. But he got his EAD last week itself. I think he filed to TSC, not sure.

My friend and me both live in California. Why is this difference?

Thanks,
Ravinka

ravinka....every application is treated independently.....and its weird that the decided to seperate your spouse app from yours...

and it depends on your case officer, if he is a lazy one or with lots of load...he will need more time......