13 days since stamping PP ; No status change yet

ND-July2002

Registered Users (C)
We got our PP's stamped in Atlanta on 19th Jan. Our status has not changed as yet to Card Ordered. I have seen most of the applicants who had their passports stamped got their status changed to "Card Ordered" within 10 days. Some have even received the physical card in 2 weeks.

Is there anybody whose status did not change for a while after PP stamping?

My wife and I got our passports stamped in Atlanta on 1/12/2005. No change in status yet. However, LUD for I-485 and EAD (approved in April 2004) were changed. Hope this means that they received and updated the records. Not sure when they will mail the plastic cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Passport along with my spouse and son on Dec 22nd 2004. My sone got the physical card, but the status of mine or my spouse is not changed after the I485 approval. For my son, the LUD changed, then 2 times the messages changed and he got the card.

So it may be normal not have the LUD getting changed. I got the approval on Dec 15th 2004 and the LUD changed on Dec 16th. Still the date is same,but got the PP stamped on Dec 22nd. So I think nothing is there to worry about

I received my card

I got my passport stamped on 01/14/2004. Status changed on 01/27 saying that "Card was orderd". I received my card yesterday(01/31/2004).

lastminute said:
I got my passport stamped on 01/14/2004. Status changed on 01/27 saying that "Card was orderd". I received my card yesterday(01/31/2004).
Did you get your passport stamped in Atlanta?

adding my details to the thread

PP stamping done today, 2/1/05...waiting for the card.

We did the PP stamps on 1/4/05. So far, no online status change at all. Called the 1-800 number and got transferred to an "official". He said he was not in Texas so had no clue of our case status. He said it would take up to 1 year to get the card. He told me that I could contact TSC -- in writing ! It is really useless.
How comes that some people got the card so quickly and some people need to wait and wait? What is the secret?

I485 approved next..

Hello, i could not create a new post so i am replying to this thread, though it is not the related thread.
My 485 got approved seen online approval, however did not receive it in mail, but once i get it whats the next step, i believe i have to get passport stamped, what is the procedure, do i have to take appointment, my center is in Atlanta, can anyone guide me with this..

No waiting for 1 year.

The official probably didn't know the current procedures for issuance of cards
after permanent resident status has been granted. Even though during stamping we were told the same by the IO that it would take anywhere between 6 months to a year.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp states that

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

1) Wait for 60 days after pp stamping.
2) Call 1-800-375-5283 and select the right option. There is an option for this in the phone menu.
3) Inform the officer about the case.

I remember reading a post in this forum where a remember did the above on the 61st day. His status was updated to "Card Ordered" within a couple of days.

sngc,

u need to get an infopass appointment and follow the steps there...use the link below to schedule an appointment.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

also, the approval notice will give u specific instructions what to do next. the actual appointment is pretty easy stuff for most ppl.

good luck with ur case.

We received our physical cards today. Passport was stamped on 01/12/2005 (Atlanta), card was ordered on 02/04/2005 and mailed on 02/08/2005.

Good luck.

rgga

Your case has given me hope. Your status change happened exactly 24 days after stamping. Today is my 24th day after stamping. Lets wait and see.

aj1999 : Any change in your status?

Something weird happened to a friend of mine's case. Both(he and spouse) got their cards stamped the same day in Atlanta. The guy got his card in 3 weeks. The wife's status would not change for months. She tried several USCIS enquiries but all in vain. An officer even told her that her case was not yet approved which was so incorrect. She gave up on enquiries and took the case to senator's office. They found out that her I-89 was misplaced. She had to go to the local office and explain to them what had happened, got a new I-89 filled up and eventually recd. her card after 3 weeks.

just found out my card was ordered on 2/9/05 and my PP stamping was done on 2/1/05. see signature below.