125 Days Now: Still Waiting For Ead (i-765)

Duniaku

Registered Users (C)
Been 120++ days now and i'm still waiting for my EAD approval. Filed i-765 (EAD), I-140 and I-485 (concurrently) back in April 04. Notice date is May 6, 2004. iEAD received on day 90. No update from USCIS website since May 6, 2004. Still Waiting for news on my EAD! Info on website says processing days are 75-90 days! Anybody with same experience as me? Anybody know what is going on? Please provide your feedback and/or share experience. Thanks.

Duniaku said:
Been 120++ days now and i'm still waiting for my EAD approval. Filed i-765 (EAD), I-140 and I-485 (concurrently) back in April 04. Notice date is May 6, 2004. iEAD received on day 90. No update from USCIS website since May 6, 2004. Still Waiting for news on my EAD! Info on website says processing days are 75-90 days! Anybody with same experience as me? Anybody know what is going on? Please provide your feedback and/or share experience. Thanks.

Hang in there! I filed my EAD on 11/19/2003 and got approval after RFE on 8/4/2004.

Go to the local office

If InfoPass is available in your area, make an appointment and attend to
local USCIS office.
Here is the URL to make appointment and check whether it is available in
your area.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Best of luck.

inocent said:
Hang in there! I filed my EAD on 11/19/2003 and got approval after RFE on 8/4/2004.

What kind of RFI did you received. Do you think i need to expect a RFI too? Thanks.

sydney2000 said:
If InfoPass is available in your area, make an appointment and attend to
local USCIS office.
Here is the URL to make appointment and check whether it is available in
your area.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Best of luck.

Is this somewhat different than calling the USCIS number and inquire about the status? I have never heard about infopass before, so do u mind explaining a little? Thanks.

I had applied EAD (Paper Filing) on Sep 10th 2004 and got it approved on Sep 23rd 2004. 13 days flat..... I have tears in my eyes looking at the speed at which the case was approved
Moral of the story: Dont do e-Filing, Paper filing is faster and convinient..

Duniaku said:
What kind of RFI did you received. Do you think i need to expect a RFI too? Thanks.
RFE was about I-94 and all pages of passport (although I have submitted all with initial application).

I got my EAD in 13 days too. It was paper filing. Applied on 8/17/2004 and got approved on 9/10/2004.

No, its a place to take appointments to your local BCIS office. you fall under the below case, so are eligible for an appointment. I just did some research for you, but I personally don't have any experience.

Go to https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php for more info and select the below option

It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card

If EAD is not issued by USCIS service center within 90 days, an applicant can obtain interim EAD at local district office.
90 day clock stops ticking when the service center issues RFE for initial evidence with reference to the underlying I-140.When the requested initial evidence is received by the service center, 90 day clock starts to run all over again. Previously suspended time does not count in counting new 90 days.

This information was obtained from www.immihelp.com.

Guys,

Thanks for the response. Here's the update that might give some hope to those of you out there with extraordinary wait time on EAD (i got mine after 6+ months):

I765/I140/I485 Concurrent Filing
(Texas Processing Center)
ND: 5/5/04
LUD: 5/6/04
iEAD: 8/4/04 (Granted 8 months)
USCIS inquiry date on EAD: 9/22/04
EAD Approval date: 11/11/04
I140/I485 on hold w/ LUD: 5/6/04

Hopefully this will help some of you out there!