120 days of the interview rule

Reader2000

Registered Users (C)
All - I just wanted to share it with you all.

Q. How long will it take to become a citizen after I file the application?

A. In most areas of the United States, the processing time from filing to interview is between 9 to 12 months. USCIS is required by law to adjudicate your application within 120 days of the interview. If they do not make a decision within that time, you can sue them in federal court.

Source:
http://www.zwaik.com/uscitizen.htm

Reader2000 said:
All - I just wanted to share it with you all.

Q. How long will it take to become a citizen after I file the application?

A. In most areas of the United States, the processing time from filing to interview is between 9 to 12 months. USCIS is required by law to adjudicate your application within 120 days of the interview. If they do not make a decision within that time, you can sue them in federal court.

Source:
http://www.zwaik.com/uscitizen.htm

however, if they can't make a decision because of FBI name check process, can someone still sue them? basically, it is out of USCIS's hand about how long it will take from FBI to get the name check. however, if everything is cleared, including all background check, FP, interview passed.. etc etc, then i would think you could sue USCIS if they can't make an decision within 120 days after your interview.

Dear ocworker,

You are under the jurisdication of which service center (TSC, CSC, VSC, etc)? How can one check if the FBI has cleared the finger prints. Is there a phone number or a website?

TIA.

CitizenInWaitin said:
Dear ocworker,

You are under the jurisdication of which service center (TSC, CSC, VSC, etc)? How can one check if the FBI has cleared the finger prints. Is there a phone number or a website?

TIA.

is CSC = Cal Service Center? I am in Santa Ana, CA. So I guess it is CSC.

call 304-625-5590

you can tell the agent (or staff) about you would want to check on your finger print status. she/he would ask you for the A#, and will verify your name and/or DOB. they would tell you when they received it from USCIS and when they sent it back to USCIS. I have read lot of posts about they would receive and send back on the same day. since FP checking is done via computer to scan the matching ones in their DB, so it could be so much faster than then old days to go thru the FP using ink.

Good luck with the Interview

Dear OCworker,

Thanks for your quick response. I have heard that the interview, the USCIS officers usually ask questions from the 100 question list. Best of luck with the interview. Please keep us posted with your progress towards becoming a citizen of US of A:)

CitizenInWaitin said:
Dear OCworker,

Thanks for your quick response. I have heard that the interview, the USCIS officers usually ask questions from the 100 question list. Best of luck with the interview. Please keep us posted with your progress towards becoming a citizen of US of A:)

thanks and i will shar ethe experience after the interview. i do not like studying and i am stupid about books. but i have to study hard for the interview.