120 days, 180 days ...... after the interview

futureuscitizen

Registered Users (C)
Interview Feb, 2006. passed. But officer couldnt make a decision.

Called them on may last week. They said I will get a reply in one month

Got a reply on june 13th in my email, and it says background check is going on, so that they cannot make a decision. If I dont get any reply in 6 months call them back.

After one month, on july 13 I called them back to find out whats going on, then the customer service rep told me to call them back on Aug 14th
Hint:aug 13 it will become 180 days after the interview for USCIS to make a decision on my case(approve or deny).

what will they say on aug 14th if I dont have the letter yet.?

will they say wait for 60 more days.......

I dont know then why did they say 6 months in the email????

Its confusing. I told the customer service rep about it. But she said no, call them back on Aug 13

does than mean they make their own rules and stuff.??

In my humble opinion, you are past the point of waiting. You have shown good will to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. If I were you, I would file in U.S. Federal District Court under 1447(b).

That is what I will do on day 121 post interview... .

Cheers!

Legal

Legal:

enjoy reading most of your posts. Are you planning to file 1447(b) right after 120 days or will wait for a few more weeks? Mine 120 days is coming at the middle of this August. I am still wondering if I should file right away or wait for a couple of more weeks. But it seems useless to wait for extra weeks. I am still debating.

Regards,

jack

LegalAlien99 said:
In my humble opinion, you are past the point of waiting. You have shown good will to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. If I were you, I would file in U.S. Federal District Court under 1447(b).

That is what I will do on day 121 post interview... .

Cheers!

Legal

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your kind words. You bet! I will file as soon as the 120 days are up. Reason:

If one assumes they initiate the name check around the time your had your FPs taken - in my case mid March - they have already had four months so far to get it done. In October, it will have been seven months, I think that will then have been enough patience on my part ;-).

Cheers!

Legal

cajack said:
Legal:

enjoy reading most of your posts. Are you planning to file 1447(b) right after 120 days or will wait for a few more weeks? Mine 120 days is coming at the middle of this August. I am still wondering if I should file right away or wait for a couple of more weeks. But it seems useless to wait for extra weeks. I am still debating.

Regards,

jack

futureuscitizen
What number are you calling them to find out. I called the national service center but there is no option to speak with a rep.

Thanks for your help.