1000 postings later, I wish I was a Kid again

My friend wants to become a travel agent.
Do you know how to go about it.

What software is requirement, what certifications etc

you didn't answer.
do u do any work at your work place?
aren't they paying you to do some work done?
how can some one get time to write like this?
...........just thinking

Re: july16, I love you !

syj,

"Don't mind those stupid jerks. " - you sound like
one opinionated guy. You love july16,
why don't you work on him.

july16,

If I were you I would be concerned about
this fag saying he loves you. He sounds like a
depraved SOB - "thrusting"??

RC

Originally posted by syj
I simply love your sense of humor, your temperament, and your breadth of mind. Your sweet Friday jokes have become one of my must-read's.

Don't mind those stupid jerks. Reading their posts is like watching a devil thrusting an innocent child.... I have to say that no matter what you do, there are always some people with no heart and no sense of appreciation trying to upset you.

keep up the good work, thanks again !

priyagc

Originally posted by priyagc
My friend wants to become a travel agent.
Do you know how to go about it.

What software is requirement, what certifications etc

priyagc

1 - A Fair to Good Knowledge of Geography
2 - Ability to make Good Conversation

As far as Certifications are concerned, In India Air India ( Represents IATA) has Travel courses conducted by IATA, here in USA its called IATAN and they have their own offices here and in Switzerland, from where they also conduct those courses. The Fees are pretty Expensive (But worth it). you get international recognition with an IATA Certification.

Apart from IATA/IATAN there are a number of other smaller organisations who conduct these kind of courses, though not accepted by IATA/IATAN they impart practical knowledge about the travel agency environment, also here in NY I think the NYU is also offering some Travel Courses (Not Sure Though).

Software

Basically all Computer Reservation Systems (CRS) are owned and operated by either Individual Airlines or a Collection of Airlines.

Most Popular and User Friendly is SABRE owned by American Airlines (Which has a minimum reservation requirement, which if not achieved you have to pay a monthly fee)

others are WORLD SPAN, GALILEO, AMADEUS just to name a few, a working knowledge of any of the above would be a Plus, these CRS courses are offered free, but you have to be sponsered for them by a Travel Agency who is using that CRS.

Hope this helps your friend.

DESI485

Originally posted by DESI485
you didn't answer.
do u do any work at your work place?
aren't they paying you to do some work done?
how can some one get time to write like this?
...........just thinking

DESI485

Alas, if you would have read my earlier response to RCYC1 you would have recieved the reply to your question.

Anyways my time is MY TIME ALONE, how does it concern you, and why does it bother you.

form the 1000 plus postings
approximately 500 are wishing people luck
300 are sharing experience and advise with other filers
100 are maybe jokes quizzes riddles etc
and another 100 are National intrest topics

God forbid a day comes when you need advise (Not only Here) about any issue in life, with the kind of attitude you have,do you think ANYBODY is going to TAKE THEIR TIME AND ADVISE YOU??????

And if you are so concerned about my time, If you have to Hire me for a Job DONT HIRE ME!!!!!!

But Please do keep your Concerns to YOURSELF!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well said, July16............(in response to Desi485)

4 days and counting for the D-day................. Good Luck.

Re: Re: july16, I love you !

Originally posted by RCYC1
syj,

"Don't mind those stupid jerks. " - you sound like
one opinionated guy. You love july16,
why don't you work on him.

july16,

If I were you I would be concerned about
this fag saying he loves you. He sounds like a
depraved SOB - "thrusting"??

RC

I thought we had finished our conversation the last time, but as usual I was Wrong.

RCYC1

I went thru all your 55 posts on sunday and discovered that 60% of your postings are ridiculing others, using A** and S*** and other words, which mind you I can match brick for brick and maybe some more, (being from Bombay and all) but then what would that make of me????

You have this feeling and arrogance of someone who knows all, and is better than others, but your postings prove otherwise. you are a small man with a big mouth. and no respect for others.

And believe me all this bravado is just because you are hiding behind your computer, I bet in real life you would be the Meekest and Quitest person!!

And next time I will match you word for word, if thats the last thing I do.

dma_va

Originally posted by dma_va
Well said, July16............(in response to Desi485)

4 days and counting for the D-day................. Good Luck.

Thanks Buddy I need all the Luck I can muster up now, yes 4 days before D Day. and I am Scared!!

July16,

This Delhite wants to give u all the courage for ur interview. I can mostly understand the feelings u must be going thru.

But, if there is absolutely nothing else in ur case besides "that job gap or something along that line", I regret forgetting, u will come out of interview with flying colors.

july 16

Hamari dua aap ke saath hain aur aap jaroor sab ko kush kabri sunaooghe. (Transaltion: Our prayers are with u always and u will definitely give us good news) :)

Good luck buddy !!!

Desi485,

U should have put urself in July16's condition to know what he is going thru.

And......................he's been still presenting a brave, funny, supportive, encouraging facets on this forum for many other lesser mortals. His is an example worth emulating.

God forbid, if he faces more hurdles in GC approval, his chracter will help him succeed in life further ahead coz GC is not an end.

Whatdaythink, life would achieve eternity after GC approval? I don't think so. This is just one of the hit and miss milestones.

Rather than just thinking about his job, why don't u handle the problem at ur hand if u can't be encouraging for others.

Hey July16,

Hey July16,
Dont be scared. Good thing happen to people with good intensions and heart. I know u r a guy with good intension and heart (other wise u wouldn't have completed 1000 posts ;) )

I'll definetely pray for ur D-Day. Go there with a charm and come back with the good news and share it with us.

All the very best my dear friend.

PS: I always envied u when ever I look at the number of posts under ur name ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
july 16
dont worry abt interview, its just a formality. you will come out with a broad smile.
anyway what kind of job u have.......still thinking...

and dma-av whatever is your name.......keep quite....i am not talking to u........dont try to suck others balls......suck mine if you want to...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i miss HABIB here

DESI485

Originally posted by DESI485
july 16
dont worry abt interview, its just a formality. you will come out with a broad smile.
anyway what kind of job u have.......still thinking...

and dma-av whatever is your name.......keep quite....i am not talking to u........dont try to suck others balls......suck mine if you want to...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i miss HABIB here

DESI485

I dont get it!! what are you trying to achieve, here you are using foul and insulting language, on another thread you gave someone wrong information.

If I remember correctly you were the one talking about time and about having a Job, and look what you are doing???

Like said many times this forum has been an extended family to me.

I dont know how you look at it, but would be able to ask your Father, Brother, Uncle, Cousin, Friend, Relative or Neighbour to suck your balls, and having said that would you be able to justify that comment with a grin???????

dma_va please dont even bother to reply to this guy.

July 16th

"Kashtiyan Lag Jaati Hain Sabki Kinarepar,
Nakhuda Nahin Jinka, Unka Khuda Hota Hai"

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR UPCOMING INTERVIEW!!

july16

I think you always want to have the last word. You dish out advise like a grandfather, but when it comes to having the last word you act like the immature shrew that you are.

I am sure you have time to go through and research all this. Life for you is staring at the PC - be it SABRE or immigration.com. You need to get a life pal. I know the travel market is slow out there right now, here is the proof:

Your postings:

form the 1000 plus postings
approximately 500 are wishing people luck
300 are sharing experience and advise with other filers
100 are maybe jokes quizzes riddles etc
and another 100 are National intrest topics

I have been writing - actually giving out correct information - on this board since 1997 - before you even figured out the process to apply for a green card through your spouse, and before people like you started showing up on this board and posting garbage to get a senior member status. This board is for primary applicants only - not for confused derivatives. Leave. :)

This board is for sharing immigration info., and not for "National intrest topics, jokes quizzes riddles etc." There are tons of Indian chat sites for this on places like yahoo.com. Go there and compete with your kind. You'll actually have a hard time keeping up with others like you. May take more than 4 months to be at the the top of the heap :) Like you, they need a life as well.

Brick for brick? you sound like some hoodlum from Ghatkopar. :)

Hiding behind my PC - well, I never really meet travel agents. I call my travel agent twice a year to get a ticket for overseas travel, and he sends my tickets to me via FedEx. For domestic US travel, I get deals on sites like hotwire, priceline - which are
bending over and shafting pot bellied guys like you everyday.

Why don't you take your advice and NOT respond to my posting.
:)

RC

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by july16

I thought we had finished our conversation the last time, but as usual I was Wrong.

RCYC1

I went thru all your 55 posts on sunday and discovered that 60% of your postings are ridiculing others, using A** and S*** and other words, which mind you I can match brick for brick and maybe some more, (being from Bombay and all) but then what would that make of me????

You have this feeling and arrogance of someone who knows all, and is better than others, but your postings prove otherwise. you are a small man with a big mouth. and no respect for others.

And believe me all this bravado is just because you are hiding behind your computer, I bet in real life you would be the Meekest and Quitest person!!

And next time I will match you word for word, if thats the last thing I do.

RCYC1

--I have been writing - actually giving out correct information - on this board since 1997 - before you even figured out the process to apply for a green card through your spouse, and before people like you started showing up on this board and posting garbage to get a senior member status. This board is for primary applicants only - not for confused derivatives. Leave. :)--

Really wondering how you reached a conclusion, about me filing for GC through my spouse, Cant you read, and understand plain simple English, or are you just posting GARBAGE (brick for brick)

Myth - I have been writing - actually giving out correct information - on this board since 1997

Fact - The old forum was shifted to this forum in May 2002, and all the old members were moved to this forum, and even if someone had registered in 1997 or 1998 or 1999 or 2000 or 2001 or until May of 2002 their registered date will show as May 2002, yours says Registered July 2002, Please dont leave, Just Go Figure.

--This board is for sharing immigration info., and not for "National intrest topics, jokes quizzes riddles etc." There are tons of Indian chat sites for this on places like yahoo.com. Go there and compete with your kind. You'll actually have a hard time keeping up with others like you. May take more than 4 months to be at the the top of the heap :) Like you, they need a life as well.--

benig on top of the heap is always better then being buried under the heap, which is where you are right now (brick for brick)

Fact - have to agree with you here, this forum is for sharing immigrant info, and I accept sometimes I may have gone over board, So what??????

Myth - Go there and compete with your kind. You'll actually have a hard time keeping up with others like you. May take more than 4 months to be at the the top of the heap :) Like you, they need a life as well.

--Brick for brick? you sound like some hoodlum from Ghatkopar. :)--

Fact - Brick for Brick yes Try me

Not from Ghatkopar though, and not a hoodlum, but thanks for letting us all know your address and profession of being a hoodlum (brick for brick)

--Hiding behind my PC - well, I never really meet travel agents. I call my travel agent twice a year to get a ticket for overseas travel, and he sends my tickets to me via FedEx. For domestic US travel, I get deals on sites like hotwire, priceline - which are
bending over and shafting pot bellied guys like you everyday.--

Fact - Yes again have to agree, nowadays dont need to meet travel agent.

Myth - For domestic US travel, I get deals on sites like hotwire, priceline - which are
bending over and shafting pot bellied guys like you everyday

Have you heard about Last Minute Corporate Travel, when you dont have a 21 day advance purchase or when you are not staying a saturday night, and want to travel on a particular time and a particular Airline and a particular Flight, and the regular fare is 2500.00, well guess what my business is.

What I dont understand is if they are bending over, how are Pot bellied guys like me are being shafted. Looks like you WANT to be SHAFTED (Brick for Brick).

--Why don't you take your advice and NOT respond to my posting.
:)--

Did you really think I would let it go, look at the first line of your posting.

--I think you always want to have the last word. You dish out advise like a grandfather, but when it comes to having the last word you act like the immature shrew that you are.--

Fact - If I am correct yes I DO want to have the last word, but if I am wrong, there have been threads and postings where I have accepted my mistakes and apologised, and if that makes me a Shrew, guess it makes you the Insect that Shrews feed on (brick for brick).

I am done with you, but if you want more just ask for it!!!

july 16

"First they clutter up the board with garbage, then they have trouble looking at the SABRE screen, then they worry about their GC interview and when Rosenbluth will fire them, then you don't respond to them, and let them fall back into their burrow."

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

--I have been writing - actually giving out correct information - on this board since 1997 - before you even figured out the process to apply for a green card through your spouse, and before people like you started showing up on this board and posting garbage to get a senior member status. This board is for primary applicants only - not for confused derivatives. Leave. :)--

Really wondering how you reached a conclusion, about me filing for GC through my spouse, Cant you read, and understand plain simple English, or are you just posting GARBAGE (brick for brick)

Myth - I have been writing - actually giving out correct information - on this board since 1997

Fact - The old forum was shifted to this forum in May 2002, and all the old members were moved to this forum, and even if someone had registered in 1997 or 1998 or 1999 or 2000 or 2001 or until May of 2002 their registered date will show as May 2002, yours says Registered July 2002, Please dont leave, Just Go Figure.

--This board is for sharing immigration info., and not for "National intrest topics, jokes quizzes riddles etc." There are tons of Indian chat sites for this on places like yahoo.com. Go there and compete with your kind. You'll actually have a hard time keeping up with others like you. May take more than 4 months to be at the the top of the heap :) Like you, they need a life as well.--

benig on top of the heap is always better then being buried under the heap, which is where you are right now (brick for brick)

Fact - have to agree with you here, this forum is for sharing immigrant info, and I accept sometimes I may have gone over board, So what??????

Myth - Go there and compete with your kind. You'll actually have a hard time keeping up with others like you. May take more than 4 months to be at the the top of the heap :) Like you, they need a life as well.

Not from Ghatkopar though, and not a hoodlum, but thanks for letting us all know your address and profession of being a hoodlum (brick for brick)

--Hiding behind my PC - well, I never really meet travel agents. I call my travel agent twice a year to get a ticket for overseas travel, and he sends my tickets to me via FedEx. For domestic US travel, I get deals on sites like hotwire, priceline - which are

Myth - For domestic US travel, I get deals on sites like hotwire, priceline - which are

Have you heard about Last Minute Corporate Travel, when you dont have a 21 day advance purchase or when you are not staying a saturday night, and want to travel on a particular time and a particular Airline and a particular Flight, and the regular fare is 2500.00, well guess what my business is.

What I dont understand is if they are bending over, how are Pot bellied guys like me are being shafted. Looks like you WANT to be SHAFTED (Brick for Brick).

--I think you always want to have the last word. You dish out advise like a grandfather, but when it comes to having the last word you act like the immature shrew that you are.--

Fact - If I am correct yes I DO want to have the last word, but if I am wrong, there have been threads and postings where I have accepted my mistakes and apologised, and if that makes me a Shrew, guess it makes you the Insect that Shrews feed on (brick for brick).

Re: RCYC1

>> Since when have the INS started giving GCs to travel agents? Who is next - a toll booth attendant?

You need to brush up on your English, to understand the rest of my post.

RC

"First they clutter up the board with garbage, then they have trouble looking at the SABRE screen, then they worry about their GC interview and when Rosenbluth will fire them, then you don't respond to them, and they hit their head on brick after brick"