100 Days after RFE...Still waiting

Chintu123

Registered Users (C)
I was issued RFE Jan 2003 which was replied End of Feb.. more than 100 days later i have not heard any thing from BCIS.

Any clues when do i here on my case?

RD OCT 2001
RFE ISSUED JAN 17 2003
RFE REPL FEB 26 2003

I guess I should not be getting too worried then...my rfe was replied to about 4 weeks ago. No news yet. This wait is killing me.

Frustration

Out of frustration i called the BCIS customer service number. After a long 30 min wait i was connected to Customer rep(CR). They do not have any information other than one avaliable on the Case status page.

I was fingureprinted in April. CR was unable to verify this. My FP status was also not updated on the web either.

At end of the call CR told me the time for approval is 21 to 23 months. And i should call back in Sept if my case is not approved by then.

Just checked the website today -- and they have issued a second RFE for my case. Will this ever end?

Hi all,
Don't trust BCIS website anymore, their info are out of date. Originally my lawyer sent out RFE reply on Mar. 11, 2003. After 5 weeks, I requested my lawyer to resent it again since online status was never updated it, After second RFE sent, finally BCIS online mentioned they received my RFE on Apr. 22.
Then keep frustrated until June 17th, my lawyer sent me a email said I got the approval notice.
Finally my waiting period is over, and my notice date of approval is June 9th. As of today, BCIS online still remains the same message that is "received my RFE on Apr. 22...etc".

RD OCT 2001
RFE ISSUED FEB 2003

To Ihsin

Was your second RFE the same as your first RFE...or did they never mail you a second RFE? What I am trying to understand is if this was your approval notice that got entered as an RFE in the online status. PLease let me know if you received the second RFE letter at all.

Thanks

to Chintu

Second RFE for my wife came in today. They say the birth certificate submitted does not have her mother's name on it. I checked it and it DOES have her mother's name on it. Maybe these guys cannot read and write -- so if anybody is illiterate and has a low IQ they are eligible to join the INS. Will resend the same document with the name circled. Still waiting to hear what my RFE is about -- that letter is still in the mail.

I didn't get second RFE from INS, I just can't wait any longer since I saw a lot of person said INS received their RFE reply within 7 days, and what IIO told me at that time was I need to wait for 4 weeks - 6 weeks before they populate the info into online. Since there was 5-6 weeks waiting period, my lawyer decided to send second RFE reply which is same as first one plus a note.

I guess INS needs ETL Developers

I thing INS needs some ETL developers who can create some efficient interfaces for then. Which will work overnight not in 6 weeks.

Any ETL developers please feel free to Help BCIS pupolate the records.

Last edited by a moderator: