10 questions on GC - Experienced folks please give your input.

SouthIndian

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Welcome!

This thread has been prepared to help folks who might be looking for any of this information.

1. Can one wait for the \'Actual Plastic GC Card\' RATHER than to get the GC Stamped on the passport? This applies when he/she has NO Need to travel(which is a general reason for one to get the GC stamp on the passport)?

2. Is\'t the GC stamping on the passport is required in order to get the \'Plastic GC Card\'?

3. Does the \'Service Center\' ORDERS the \'Plastic GC Card\' ONLY after one gets the GC Stamped on his/her passport (Or) is\'t automatically ordered after one\'s approval?

4. Does the Validity of the GC Stamp on the passport and Actual Plastic Card has ANY RELATION in terms of \'duration of validity\'?

5. Any pro\'s and con\'s of NOT getting the GC Stamping on one\'s passport and getting the actual plastic GC card?

6. Can one go to the Mentioned INS Center for GC Stamping on ANY week day (Or) to any center?

7. How long one can wait to get the GC Stamped on his/her passport after the approval? Is there any time limit to do the same?

8. What are the things generally needed for GC Stamping?

9. Any tips on things to be followed at the INS Center on the day of GC Stamping?

10. What is the Minimum Validity of one\'s passport should be to be eligible to get the GC stamping on his/her passport?

Thanks all for your input.

Have a good day.

PS: This is NOT a legal advice.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

I don\'t see any advise. All I see are questions ?
 As I have said in my previous posts, shit on your boss get fired
 and use the 180 day rule. You will get out of the monotony.

No Title

1. When you go to get your passport stamped, you will have to give 2 photographs and your fingerprint both of which will be used on the actual card. I don\'t think there is any other procedure by which you can get them that stuff. So, you will have to go to get your passport stamped and while there, give them the pictures and fingerprint.

2. I don\'t know if it is required. But as I said above, that is the only way available to you to get them the fingerprint and photographs.

3. The service cannot order a plastic card without the fingerprint. So if you want your card, you will have to go to get your passport stamped and give them the fingerprint they want.

4. My understanding is that the passport stamp is always valid for a year and the plastic card is always valid for 10yrs irrespective of other variables.

5. I don\'t see any cons. The only pro is that you will get your card.

6. I went to the assigned service center at the appointed time. But I seem to remember reading here that people went to other centers and still got their stuff done. I am not sure. Better check with someone who knows. Or better yet, call the number on the approval letter and see if you can get an appointment at another center.

7. Your approval letter gives you a time and place where you need to go. If you can\'t make it, I believe you can call them and reschedule your appointment. I don\'t know how long you can wait without getting your passport stamped.

8. The only documents we (my wife and me) took were the actual approval notices sent to the lawyer, our passports with all the I-94s, and 2 photographs each. Thats all the appointment notice asked for and thats all we took. They didn\'t ask for the EADs or the advance parole documents or anything else, even though we had them.

9. Go there when you are supposed to go, give them what they ask for. And you are done. The fact that you have reached that point means that they have no more questions and are completely satisfied with the info you have already provided. Do NOT give them any more than they asked for. Why invite trouble by volunteering information?

10. On the date of stamping, you passport should be valid for at least 6 months.

Proyadarshini, now I have a question for you: By my count, you have 3 different postings on this same subject. Which indicates that you seem to have concerns about this stamping business. Why? Considering all the hoops we jump through to arrive at this point, this is apiece of cake. Why are you so concerned about this mundane procedure?

Amar

No Title

This shows two things, either s/he got approved or something is "fishy" in his/her passport!!

what say?

Thanks Amar for your input.

Amar,

Thanks for your input and time. As I mentioned on top of my thread, this thread was created to help all folks who visit/browse this topic in search for any respective useful information. That\'s the only sole purpose. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks again!

Have a great day.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

You are quite welcome. Glad to be of assistance. And all the best to you. And you have a great day too.

Amar