1-800 voice mail message change

xil96

Registered Users (C)
I just noticed the voice mail message of our 485 changed a little bit, it was
“On *******, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.”

Last week the voice mail said the case status cannot be found at that time, and today it changed to

“Our review of the fingerprints of your 485 case has been completed, process of your case will be continue. Your case is now at our office at St. Albans, Vermont ……”

There is no LUD on the website. We were stuck in namecheck for more than two years, and have recently asked the senator’s help on checking the status. Could the changing message related to the senator’s inquiries? Could it be has anything to do with our namecheck? Thanks for any comments.

exactly same thing here. My case been stuck in Name check for hte past 2.5 years. I did not make any effort to get it cleared as I know there is no use. For the last few days, the voice automated message on the phone was unable to locate my record and today, after reading your post, I checked it and it says exactly the same message. no update on the onlune system. not sure what that means....any one else has an idea ?

make it 3 of us... same thing, the only difference is that I gave FPs last week.

Maybe the VSC is only updating the message, nothing more, since so many of us have the same change. I would guess every 485 has the same voice mail message now.

same here

Exactly the same thing happened to me. One of my friend also had the same experience. I don't think it means anything. My NC is pending since Nov, 2004.

Same Message -(New York )

Same Message for me,
Only difference

My "case is now at our office at Lee's Summit Missouri"
------------------------
New York
I-485 (September 15, 2003)
---Through Marriage or a Relative---

xil96 said:
Maybe the VSC is only updating the message, nothing more, since so many of us have the same change. I would guess every 485 has the same voice mail message now.

WEBSITE => Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 5, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

PHONE 1800.. (12SEP06) => We transferred the case of your I-485 and it is now pending at Saint Albans VT. Wait 180 days to inquiry about your case. We`ll notify you by mail when we make a decision about your case or if the office needs additional information. (exactly like this for me and my others 3 buddies)
* A week ago when I called 1800.. I got no info. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, we are so helpless and have been awaiting long time, a simple unusual change make us more excited and start thinking about it.
Here what I checked the message for 6 application (My self & family)
4-Applications message says "FP Completed" instead of "FP Resume".
2-Application (under 14) no change
But we all hope for good news.

For me it is still saying the same " The status for this receipt number can not be found in this automated system"

My I-485 is pending since 07/2003

Guys ,
dont get excited. I just called VSC after the Voice message changed. I was told that there has not been ANY progress on your case since March 2004, and thats when I filed my I485. I was told that my case is stuck in name check and there is not much we can do other than just to wait. The only new information I got today is my name check initiation date which I did not know before.

So despite the change in the voice message, no update in my case!!!! and probably thats what applies to all other excited people in this thread :)

Hi Arm,

When was your NC initiated? Right after the submission of 485? It seemed they have initiate my NC twice: one after 485 submission, the other is after the FP which happened 10 month after they received my I485.

well my name check was initiated some time in march and I 485 was filed in feb. so I can assume that hte Nc was initiated within a month after filing I485. I did my only FP in Decmeber 2004, 10 months after I filed I 485. no second NC or a request for another FP so far.