1-140 Approved

toraboraus said:
If you have not filed I-485 how can you be concurrent? If you already have filed I-485 then you should not have nothing to worry as NSC will hold it till your PD becomes current. EAD renewal should not be an issue.

I am concurrent and applied both together.

I guess they should not invalidate my application for 485.. and future EAD's.

But don't U see it might happen --
When I apply for EAD renewal -- the adjucator checks my data -- where it says -- NOT permitted to apply for 485 [ This is what is stated in my notice of action for I-140 approval].
Then he goes and denies my EAD application...

Haven't we seen some EAD/AP renewals lately whose PD is not current ?
I'm hoping this is not an issue.
There are so many of us pinning our hopes on AC21 and waiting for 140 approval.
If that's not the case I better start packing my bags since I'm already in my 6th year of H1.

Probaby misread ??

Just my 2 cents:

I guess,the adjudicator wasnt aware of the already filed I485. So,those words might have appeared on I140 approval notice.

When we apply for EAD renewal,we give the details about I485 and nothing about I140(I guess). So,it shouldnt create any chaos in approving that.

Hope

The only hope is that --

They have a new approval format for cases with current rule.. which checks for PD and writes the text ...

Our cases who had applied in one envelope will be treated differently..

Hmmm ----

I think you can avail the benefits (EAD & AP) from pending 485 application irrespective of PD. I think I remember confirming this with my attorney in december when the news about retrogression first came out.

Hi Billtoo,
I think you should be fine. That might be just a generic message on I140 approval notice if you are from retro country and PD is not current.
It doesn't make any sense otherwise.
Good Luck.

I-140

I do agree with July140 & DKEB2 -- it might be just a general statement..
But how come none of the recently approved guys - who were retro and PD falls before the current dates, got this problem in there I-140...?

Guys please do check and confirm what is in Ur I-140 approvals...

MusicLover -- what does it say in Ur I-140 and if it states the same thing as Billtoo -- what is UR attorney's take on the same.
Thanks
E-Bhola

Last edited by a moderator:
eBhola said:
MusicLover -- what does it say in Ur I-140 and if it states the same thing as Billtoo -- what is UR attorney's take on the same.
Thanks
E-Bhola

We have not rcvd the 140 approval notice yet. As soon as I get it, I will update this thread. If it does have the same info as Billtoo, I will ask my lawyer again.