• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

1-134 sponsorship Question 11.

Littlemt

Registered Users (C)
I had my sponsor fill in the I-134 for my Green card application.

On question 11 however, he answered " I do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in item 3".

Would this be counterproductive of getting the I-134 in the first place. I plan to pay my own way when I am in the US, but do not have too much more than the minimum I need in my bank account.

Although I have shown my sponsor many forums and sources that show him that the I-134 is not 'legally enforceable'. He is still worried about being 'responsible' for me for the rest of my life - and I am just trying to be respectful of his fears.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I had my sponsor fill in the I-134 for my Green card application.

On question 11 however, he answered " I do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in item 3".

Would this be counterproductive of getting the I-134 in the first place. I plan to pay my own way when I am in the US, but do not have too much more than the minimum I need in my bank account.

Although I have shown my sponsor many forums and sources that show him that the I-134 is not 'legally enforceable'. He is still worried about being 'responsible' for me for the rest of my life - and I am just trying to be respectful of his fears.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A friend of mine had the same part ticked but he was given the visa. I don't think it will be a problem - just that your sponsor feels lazy to tick the other option and provide the necessary details (I mean stating the amout to be set aside for you monthly, accomodation and so forth).

It sounds weird to me...a sponsor who is willing to fill out the form but then chickens out to do the rest....to me either you want to fill it out or not, but that is JMO.

I think it is up to the person conducting the interview and if he notices it or not....Perhaps it would be a good idea to try to get another I-134 as a back up plan...just in case. Maybe you don't need it, but I read the thread of one person who had only a couple of hours after the interview to get all required papers or be denied...

if they require other info, or if they do not accept the I-134 they give you plenty of time to bring it (proving your case is clean)
don't worry if they don't fill that, of course you want to make your own living. good luck