09/2001 case Approved after interview at Dallas office

sonygc

Registered Users (C)
All,
I got approved today morning at Dallas office after interview with officer #6, he interviewd us for 40 mins. He asked for all the documents and proof of marriage because my husband got approved 3 months back.
Ins lost my I485, then I contacted Senator and congressman. senators office no use, but Congressmen's office was so good they checked with ins and followed up with me.
This forum is great, I wish u all good luck and I wish, u all get ur deserved approval notices soon.

Thanks

sonygc,
Congratulation on your approval.
Can you please share some more details about the interview and officer #6.
I have an interview next week with the same officer and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pip

Which congressman did you contact?

Can I contact any congressman or senator in any district. For instance if I am living houston, can I contact congressman in Dallas or New York?

Thnak you!

Pip, officer # 6 is really good, his name is Greg, I think, I was so happy that I forgot his name :). First he took oath from both of us and asked how did I file 485? and asked for copies of letters from current employer, my passport, and copies to prove marriage(ie mortgage, lease etc).took all of them and put it in my folder and put that much awaited red stamp on my passport. he is really nice, he kind of looked serious but he is really nice, he asked how did we get married and when and how did I get into US. I took pics of my marriage and some vacation pics, he took a look at them and asked where we took those pics. Good luck.

ksby000, u have to contact the Congressman/Senator of ur city/state.

Congratulations.

Congratulations.

Hello SONYGC

Congratulation, can you spare some to answer my question. What will be the content of Employment letter? Did the officer #6 asked for W-2 and PAY-STUB?

srbose,
yes, he did ask us for w2's,paystubs and most recent tax returns. Following is content of the letter from my employer:

U.S Deparmnet of Homeland Security

To Whom it may Concern:

This letter is to verify that xyz(ur name) is a full time Employee at
xyz(ur company name). He/she has been employed since x/x/xx(date) to
present. His/her position is xyz(ur title) and he/she is presently earning $$$ per month.

Dallas office greencard interview questions -- for employment based.

I interviewed yesterday and got the card. I want to share my experience with you.

For the interview, I brought anything was requested in the letter and lot of other documents that are not requested. But still, there are some unexpected.

What I as asked but didn't bring are SSN card and tax return 1040 for year 2003, I did bring my W2 for the last 3 years. The officer asked her supervisor and made it ok finally.

Current employment letter is important, if you changed career, the categary you work now should be the same as the one when you filed the application.
She didn't bother to check my time of changing job.

Other questiones are easy such as your parents' name, your address, SSN, and ever deported from US ...any criminal record etc...

Good luck and take it easy. Most of us may worry too much.