TN Application Methods

Let's say that my employer decides to do the unpopular UCSIS I-129 'renewal' by mail option (by company policy - can't negotiate) while I'm working in the US. RFE's then arrive, and at some point the TN is denied by USCIS. After that denial, would I still be able to apply (in person) at one of the CBP designated POE 's for the same job (assuming company is willing to do that, provide paperwork etc)? My preference is obviously to apply in person with CBP, and I've never been denied through that method. (And USCIS approvals aren't always 'recognized' by CBP at borders.)

If CBP denied me a TN 'renewal', would it be sensible to ask them for a B2 visitors visa to clear up affairs until my employer can address?

Thanks.

So, whether you would be successful at the border after a USCIS denial, would of course depend on the reason for the denial, and your ability to fix/address that reason. But, other than that there is nothing that would prevent you from a border petition.

If you are denied at the border (after your current TN expires) unless you have a spouse that has their own work status, you have no choice but to ask for re-entry on a temporary B2 -- and hope that it is granted.