Travel domestically with a pending I-130 and I-485 (parent) [URGENT]

hannaPolaskus

Hello,

My parent came here to visit few months ago at that time I submitted an i-130 as they were supposed to return home after few months. however with COVID19 and the airports shutting down they got stuck here and I have submitted an i94 extension two weeks before the expiration of their previous i94 and I also submitted an I-485 few days before the expiration of their stay and was filled a month after the expiration of their stay.

however I have received a notice of action saying that there are working on it. and also received an I-130 approval.

now my parent are stuck here and need to travel domestically for health reasons.

I called the immigration and the agents I spoke to wasn't very sure if they are ok to travel and basically he said that it's up to discretion of the customs and they can give them a hard time.

any advise? I would drive but it's over 24 hours drive and it's very time sensitive. I am planing to fly in the next 24 hours

Please advise!!

They can travel domestically, but they should bring their I-485 receipt to show that they are staying legally, in the unlikely chance they come across any CBP interior checkpoints at locations within 100 miles of the border.

They really shouldn't have applied for Extension of Stay but that is a moot point now.

Adjustment applicants who are in valid H-1B status, and their dependents, can travel abroad and reenter the United States in H status while an I-485 is pending, without having to obtain advance parole. ... All travelers must have a valid H1B/H4 entry visa.