Not even sure where to start

MuslimTurtle

Hey everyone, and sorry that this isn't classified in a certain area. Honestly, I look at all the letters and numbers and my head just starts spinning from anxiety and nothing makes sense to me. I do have a question, please direct me to the best place to post this and I will.

I went abroad a while back and without intending to, I met an amazing woman that I spent some time with while I was there. Because of their religious laws, we weren't able to spend a lot of time together, especially alone, but since coming back to the States, we have been in constant contact with each other through text, voice, and video. We talk probably 20 out of 24 hours every single day and we have really hit it off.

Being from Egypt, her salary is small compared to here. She makes about $500/month, and 1 Egyptian pound is currently equal to about 18 US dollars. The economy sucks. We have been researching visitor, student, work, immigration visas, and all say they require a certain amount of money in the bank or a large investment in order to be eligible to come over. Because of the economy there, saving up that kind of money they would want would take a very long time.

She has a degree in English translation as well as other certifications. She has done legal and medical Arabic to English and vice versa translation, and currently works as a content writer for a company in Egypt, focusing mostly on English translation. She also has studied graphic design, but all this is getting off topic. What I mean to say is, she isn't a doctor or lawyer or scientist, and I myself only work a humble job as a laborer. I know I could support her without any assistance and she is willing to work when she comes here, but we need help with what we should expect, how to get the process started, etc. We considered a student visa, she could come and enroll in a school to further her career or start a new one, but she would be unable to work off-campus, and I wouldn't be able to help her financially because they would rightfully suspect she is here fraudulently. We don't want to cause trouble or give any reason why they should deny her visa, so we want to go very by the book.

Then there is a work visa, but same situation, she would need money, I couldn't help her lest they suspect fraud. We want to be together and see where this goes without having to spend tons of money for me to fly back and forth, not to mention missing a lot of time from work doing so. It works temporarily, once or twice a year, but that isn't sufficient to maintain a healthy relationship.

We considered even her immigrating to Canada since the process seems easier, and as far as I have been told, I have Canadian citizenship through my mother, I would just have to reapply for it, but again, we worry about the legality of this plan. I am aware of the K1, but the restrictions on that are not something we can really do right now with my job status (I just started a new job and have no time saved up for vacation).

Is it totally hopeless for us to proceed with this if we aren't both lawyers or come from a large sum of money? I know it will be worth it in the end, but are we naïve to think this is the best for both of us?

Hey everyone, and sorry that this isn't classified in a certain area. Honestly, I look at all the letters and numbers and my head just starts spinning from anxiety and nothing makes sense to me. I do have a question, please direct me to the best place to post this and I will.

I went abroad a while back and without intending to, I met an amazing woman that I spent some time with while I was there. Because of their religious laws, we weren't able to spend a lot of time together, especially alone, but since coming back to the States, we have been in constant contact with each other through text, voice, and video. We talk probably 20 out of 24 hours every single day and we have really hit it off.

Being from Egypt, her salary is small compared to here. She makes about $500/month, and 1 Egyptian pound is currently equal to about 18 US dollars. The economy sucks. We have been researching visitor, student, work, immigration visas, and all say they require a certain amount of money in the bank or a large investment in order to be eligible to come over. Because of the economy there, saving up that kind of money they would want would take a very long time.

She has a degree in English translation as well as other certifications. She has done legal and medical Arabic to English and vice versa translation, and currently works as a content writer for a company in Egypt, focusing mostly on English translation. She also has studied graphic design, but all this is getting off topic. What I mean to say is, she isn't a doctor or lawyer or scientist, and I myself only work a humble job as a laborer. I know I could support her without any assistance and she is willing to work when she comes here, but we need help with what we should expect, how to get the process started, etc. We considered a student visa, she could come and enroll in a school to further her career or start a new one, but she would be unable to work off-campus, and I wouldn't be able to help her financially because they would rightfully suspect she is here fraudulently. We don't want to cause trouble or give any reason why they should deny her visa, so we want to go very by the book.

Then there is a work visa, but same situation, she would need money, I couldn't help her lest they suspect fraud. We want to be together and see where this goes without having to spend tons of money for me to fly back and forth, not to mention missing a lot of time from work doing so. It works temporarily, once or twice a year, but that isn't sufficient to maintain a healthy relationship.

We considered even her immigrating to Canada since the process seems easier, and as far as I have been told, I have Canadian citizenship through my mother, I would just have to reapply for it, but again, we worry about the legality of this plan. I am aware of the K1, but the restrictions on that are not something we can really do right now with my job status (I just started a new job and have no time saved up for vacation).

Is it totally hopeless for us to proceed with this if we aren't both lawyers or come from a large sum of money? I know it will be worth it in the end, but are we naïve to think this is the best for both of us?
You never indicated whether you”re a US Citizen.
Are you?

Every visa has different requirements. Her chances of a visitor visa are slim as she doesn't appear financially sound, and your allusion about her religion disallowing her to travel alone to meet a USC bf/friend.. who doesn't have vacation in the first place. Basically similar requirements apply to student visas. Work visas are for jobs for which she doesn't appear eligible for.

Watch out for honey traps by someone looking for a shortcut to get into the US. You seem unwilling to make the effort for a K1, etc.

Watch out for honey traps by someone looking for a shortcut to get into the US. You seem unwilling to make the effort for a K1, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thats. One way to put it. Lol

But being an immigrant myself. I can tell you
The “honey traps are real”
But
If he thinks he found love. Thats a beautiful thing!!

You can visit her a few times , lay some ground work take lots of pics. You will need it. For the petition After 6 month if you still feel its something you want to go thru with. You can try to get her up on a fiance k1 visa. Keep in mind the wedding has to take place before 90 days after she comes up

Fyi. My timeline has nothing to do with immigration just an opinion

Precisely what is/are your question/s - unable to figure that out from your long write up, so please keep your response simple and straight to the point.
Sounds like he wants her to migrate to the US.
The right way. That So she can maybe work. And To see if love will take its course. Thats an assumption tho

As OP. Didnt clearly state such.

Ok, I'll try to clarify since I guess I'm stupid and missed stuff.

First, it's not a "honey trap". She's never asked for anything from me and she is capable of supporting herself. The problem is the economy there is terrible, so even though she is considered middle class by their standards, she doesn't make enough money to be considered as such here in America.

As for the "unable to make an effort" bit, that isn't true. We have talked about it and it is a possibility, but I don't want others to assume that we only married so that she could come here. We know how we feel and we don't expect others to understand, but if wanting to do things the right way is considered to be "unwilling", then sure.

I know.my way around googlG, I'm not looking for links. I'm just looking to see if anyone has a personal experience that might give us some idea how to proceed. A K1 is totally not out of the picture, I just don't want others, especially USCIS assuming it isn't legitimate. If they asked, we can readily and without hesitation answer any and all questions they would have for us and it would 100% check out.

The US is preferable because I have strong ties here, but whether it is US, Canada, even Siberia, we don't care. We just want to have a life together.