What does a Dentist from India need to study to work in U.S.?

KumarM

Hi,

What steps does a fresh MDS (Dentist) graduate from India need to take to start practice here (assuming she is already here) ?

1. What exams does she have to take? Or they the same as for a MBBS grad from India?
2. How many years does she have to study (or intern) before she can start working?

Thank you for the help.

How to become adentis tin this country

Hi there,

I or my wife can help you with the details as my wife is a student at the university of southern california school of dentistry.You can send an email to her address.Neenahemanth@yahoo.com.She can give you the details and any help if needed.

Hemanth

want to do mds(dentist) in usa n work there

Hi
I m giving 12th board exams this March,2013. I live in New Delhi..
I want to become a dentist n wants to do my course in USA n settle there..
What exms do I hav to give? What all I hav to do ? Pls guide me...

Thank you

Hi,

What steps does a fresh MDS (Dentist) graduate from India need to take to start practice here (assuming she is already here) ?

1. What exams does she have to take? Or they the same as for a MBBS grad from India?
2. How many years does she have to study (or intern) before she can start working?

Thank you for the help.
Check the ADA.org website for information for foreign trained dentist. Having said that, it varies state to state. More often than not, you have to study either a specialty , advanced training program or the predoctoral program again (for a DDS or DMD). You should check with the state in which you want to practice, to see the requirements. Good luck.

Yes, the site is very useful. I would also suggest that the dentist practitioners should also register themselves with the feedentistfinder site, which many of my friends pursuing the dentist course have registered.