Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Elizabeth NJ Biometrics Service Center Address

Guys

Do you know exact address/location for biometrics service center?

Google maps shows too location for 299 Board street.
One as a North Board Street and another South Board Street,
Its confusing.

Anyway I would appreciate if you can guide me here

mike_inus

it is at 285 north broad street. it's across the street from bank of america.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth NJ Biometrics Service Center Address

mike,

there are parking meters right outside. behind the bank of america there is also a parking lot, im not sure how much they charged. when i went for my biometrics last year for my gc, i just parked on the street and paid the meters

:)

Good Heavens, I got my status updated today:

11/14/2009 N-400 Mailed to Dallas, TX
11/16/2009 Received Date
12/11/2009 - FP Done as scheduled
01/22/2010 Email notification ( for both Spouse and myself)

I collected some data from this forum and analyzed statistically . You may use for refrence :

Email update happens after 45 +/- 5 days ( 40 -50 days) from FP Done date
Add about 35 days to Email update date to determine the Interview date.

Hope this helps !

BK

I became a US citizen on Jan, 20th. I will like to thank this forum for providing excellent information.

My appt. was at 1.00pm. I got there at noon, submitted my interview letter at window 2 and waited for my turn. Immigration officer called me around 1.30pm. The interview process was extremely smooth, officer talked about my Cornell MBA for 20 minutes, while the actual interview lasted about 2 minutes.

Our Oath was at 4.00 pm and it was all done by 4.30pm

My wife has an interview on 2/9, I will post her experience as well

Good Luck to all

Finally US Citizen !!!

I became a u.s citizen on jan 20th.. I had my interview appointment at 1:20 .reached the building around 12ish and parked the car behind it for $14/day parking..
i took the elevator after the security clearance to the 15th floor and dropped of my interview letter at window 1 at 12:30 and started my sitting journey with a lot of anxiety for about 90 mins before they called my name..( when they call u.. be sure to listen carefully if u think the name sounds familiar to your name ..then probably it is you they are calling ).. the officer asked me to come to door 2 and as he opened the door for me i said good afternoon and all i got was "hhmmm hu" ...that is when it struck me.. i am going in for a looooog haul of questioning... Like my stock prediction of 2009 which all went wrong this too was wrong... i came out in less than 3 mins ....first the officer asked me to sign the photographs i dint hear him so i asked him again and i got the asnwer ( " sign as in signature of your name ") ...i thought he was rude in saying that...but to think of it ..he sees people day in day out so let me cut some slack ...after that he asked me 6 questions
1) who is speaker of house
2) President term
3) First 10 amendments
4) Ocean in west coast
5) What party does the president belong
Forgot the 6th one..
one line to read " who is Abraham Lincoln" and to write " Lincoln was the president during the civil war" and he recommended the case for approval.....i walked out of the office in a flash ..back to waiting room and I had to sit in for next 120 minutes since i was the last person of the day before the 4.oo pm oath ceremony to get the certificate signed ( my luck as usual )...

Oath Ceremony took about 20-25 mins ... came out and went to nearby BK to grab a bite to eat...
I would like to thank everyone in this forum who has helped ppl like me get thru this tough journey.
Let me end my experience by saying rare funny moment that happened on that day...
when we are all in for oath ceremony the officer congratulated all of us for achieving this and the claps were all dull since most of them were all tired ..But when said “ are you guys not happy that you guys don’t have to deal with uscis any more “ that is when I heard the crowds real happiness…
On Jan 21st I applied for my passport …. :)

any question i will be glad to answer !.

received interview for the 24th at 9:00 in the morning.

What time do they let people in the morning into the building.

Hi Vipr,

Good News ! Did you and your spouse both get the ILs? Did you get your YL?

Thanks
BK

yes, good news indeed. Both got our IL's. She got her Yellow letter. I did not. I had not included her DL photocopy with the application and hence I got a yellow letter which asked to make sure I brought along the DL. I would have brought the DL along anyways.

PS. I did not include it since she had not update the address on her DL and was waiting on a sticker from DMV. Did not think it wise to include the DL since after reading these forums, figured, you can always show it during the interview process.

Does anybody have any idea, what time the first interview in Newark is. If I am the first one in, would like to understand how early I can go in. I figure, it is a bit of First In, First Out around the general time of your interview so dont want to wait too long in the waiting room. Afraid, am not looking forward to the anxiety of waiting for the interview and trying to go over the questions and answers and all the documents that they will ask that I dont have (not that I plan not to carry any).

yes, good news indeed. Both got our IL's. She got her Yellow letter. I did not. I had not included her DL photocopy with the application and hence I got a yellow letter which asked to make sure I brought along the DL. I would have brought the DL along anyways.

PS. I did not include it since she had not update the address on her DL and was waiting on a sticker from DMV. Did not think it wise to include the DL since after reading these forums, figured, you can always show it during the interview process.

Does anybody have any idea, what time the first interview in Newark is. If I am the first one in, would like to understand how early I can go in. I figure, it is a bit of First In, First Out around the general time of your interview so dont want to wait too long in the waiting room. Afraid, am not looking forward to the anxiety of waiting for the interview and trying to go over the questions and answers and all the documents that they will ask that I dont have (not that I plan not to carry any).

Hi Vip1r,

What abt the interview times for you and your spouse?

Thxs
BK

Oath frequency at Newark

Hi,
Can anyone let me know,how many times does the oath ceremony takes place in a day at Newark office.I have interview at 8.40 AM and wonder do i need to wait till 4.00PM to complete my oath or is there any ceremony before that

Thanks

PP Received Today updated time line

btw, the states dept. online system doen't show any record of my PP application so if you applied for PP and no ststus on the online system, its ok...

Now I need to get a bunch of Visas for my next travel ...:)

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
12/09/09: Status Update (email) case has been sent for a standard interview (NO YL yet)
12/12/09: IL received
01/12/10: ID – DONE :) and PP applied
01/25/10 PP received...

Hi Vip1r,

What abt the interview times for you and your spouse?

Thxs
BK

We are both scheduled at 9:00 in the morning. I was planning to get there by 8 and was wondering if they will take me in. Would not being done early. I believe there is a oath at 11:30 in the morning. I feel if I show up at 9:00 I probably have to wait for the one at 1/1:30 in the afternoon.

PP Received Today updated time line

btw, the states dept. online system doen't show any record of my PP application so if you applied for PP and no ststus on the online system, its ok...

Now I need to get a bunch of Visas for my next travel ...:)

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
12/09/09: Status Update (email) case has been sent for a standard interview (NO YL yet)
12/12/09: IL received
01/12/10: ID – DONE :) and PP applied
01/25/10 PP received...

Did you apply normal or expedited?

I got my IL today. My Interview date is 3/1 at 7.40 am. What is the earliest oath taking time?

11/14/2009 N-400 Mailed to Dallas, TX
11/16/2009 Received Date
12/11/2009 - FP Done as scheduled
01/22/2010 Email notification ( for both Spouse and myself)
01/25/2010 - Recived IL
03/01/2010 - I Date ( 7.40 am)

Hi,
Can anyone let me know,how many times does the oath ceremony takes place in a day at Newark office.I have interview at 8.40 AM and wonder do i need to wait till 4.00PM to complete my oath or is there any ceremony before that

Thanks

The oath timings in Newark is 11 am 2pm 4 pm ...but there might be 10-15 mins delay based on the circumstances....

Its Surprzing that I come back to the same Forum after 5 years , not a lot has changed, people still asking questions and experts answer them !!
GC: 12/2004
DO: Newark, NJ
Sent N400: 12/15/2009
Received : 12/18/2009
Check Cached: 12/21/2009
FP Notice: 01/04/2010 (recd 01/11/2010)
FP Date: 01/25/2010
YL:
IL:
ID:
OD: