First year tax situation

TSU

Hi All!

This was my first year filing taxes in the US. I made the mistake of hiring HR block to do my taxes and they completely screwed it up. They did not understand the foreign income and they claimed a bunch of credits I was not entitled to. I was not in the US at that time so I asked them to file for an extension instead, but the lady filed my return for some reason without my consent or signature.
In the meantime I am back in the states and I finally got access to my return, so I am correcting all the mistakes they made. Filing a 1040-x and a statement that I choose to be treated as a US resident for the entire year. I will be filing tomorrow and I will also immediately pay back all the money that was claimed by them incorrectly.
The IRS has not got in touch with me, actually they paid all the money HR block claimed.

Do you think this will be fine? Considering they don't even have my signature on the original return and I am filing an amendment without IRS notice and voluntarily paying back all the money I am not entitled to I can hardly imagine I could be a suspect for tax fraud, but I wanted to ask for your opinion.

Thank you!

Why do you think you were not entitled to the credits if you are treated as a resident for the whole year? What is incorrect about the tax filing of your foreign income?

Why do you think you were not entitled to the credits if you are treated as a resident for the whole year? What is incorrect about the tax filing of your foreign income?
They did not include any of my foreign income to start with and applied for EIC which you are entitled to only if the YS was your home for at least 6 months which it was not. But if I include my foreign income I am above the threshold anyways.