Waiting Asylum decision

All last week our clock was running, but the day count was not advancing. We stopped calling around Thursday night because it was getting more distressing than anything. This morning the online system says that the "new card is being produced"!!! We feel good, but are waiting to see it adjust to approved or picked up by USPS given the ongoing glitches. Hopefully, it is real and more good news can come to everyone here, too!
@Mishomasr this one

Days frozen while decision pending means that the AO has made a decision on your case and the case has been waiting for the supervisor's final decision. Don't worry too much
So days stopped and clock running doesn’t mean referral?? Oh really!
lol Do you know what’s behind this rule tho?

I received an email they told me your case waiting the final decision.

does it means that the officer took his decision and waiting for the supervisor ?
Regarding this issue I can tell that in my referral notice,decision is signed by supervisor 4 days after my interview. So I doubt it that a long waitingtime is connected with supervisors decisions

Last edited:
Regarding this issue I can tell that in my referral notice,decision is signed by supervisor 4 days after my interview. So I dobt it that along wait time is conneced with supervisors decisions
He worries too much! Told him before enjoy your life and let it go but he keeps stressing himself and that won’t help at all

Regarding this issue I can tell that in my referral notice,decision is signed by supervisor 4 days after my interview. So I dobt it that along wait time is conneced with supervisors decisions
Referral is different from approval. It takes time to go through referral procedures after the supervisor's decision.

If it is approval, the decision will soon be mailed out after the supervisor's decision.

Referral is different from approval. It takes time to go through referral procedures after the supervisor's decision.

If it is approval, the decision will soon be mailed out after the supervisor's decision.
I agree on that, but still I dont know his timeline and there need to be a ’room’ for background checks also even if it is approval?!

I agree on that, but still I dont know his timeline and there need to be a ’room’ for background checks also even if it is approval?!
Background checks actually start from the first day they receive your i589 form. A name check is automatically initiated.

After fingerprints taken, another round of background check, fingerprint comparing, will automatically happen.

At the interview, the AO has your background check results already. Chance of requiring further personal background checks after interview is little (the AO may need to research on your case and investigate country conditions though, that's another story and sometimes the case status would be "application is pending" because of this).

Last edited:
Background checks actually start from the first day they receive your i589 form. A name check is automatically initiated.

After fingerprints taken, another round of background check, fingerprint comparing, will automatically happen.

At the interview, the AO has your background check results already. Chance of requiring further personal background checks after interview is little (the AO may need to research on your case and investigate country conditions though, that's another story and sometimes the case status would be "application is pending" because of this).
Yes, it’s understandable. The thing is we are on here,this forum trying to establish a rule,pattern so we can be sure in advance what kind of outcome we gonna get. But yet, I joined for the reason to share that what happend in my case jumped out from that track so you can never be certain whats next with USCIS unless you have some of well known and already proven facts like ‘fees are waived’ and such.
My online status check still shows’ Application is pending’ and I already have a court date scheduled for Aug 2022…
Also,interesting fact to share might be for somebody that on my initial app when lawyer submited docs on my behalf and I got a notice, my A number was different from the one I was assigned right after interview when I signed that I will receive decision by mail instead of mandatory pick up in person. AO said this is you A number now. On my decision,referral my A number changed to its original, first time issued one. If that means something or helps anyone…

Last edited:
Yes, it’s understandable. The thing is we are on here,this forum trying to establish a rule,pattern so we can be sure in advance what kind of outcome we gonna get. But yet, I joined for the reason to share that what happend in my case jumped out from that track so you can never be certain whats next with USCIS unless you have some of well known and already proven facts like ‘fees are waived’ and such.
My online status check still shows’ Application is pending’ and I already have a court date scheduled for Aug 2022…
Also,interesting fact to share might be for somebody that on my initial app when lawyer submited docs on my behalf and I got a notice, my A number was different from the one I was assigned right after interview when I signed that I will receive decision by mail instead of mandatory pick up in person. AO said this is you A number now. On my decision,referral my A number changed to its original, first time issued one. If that means something or helps anyone…
They messed up your case. Maybe you should do FOIA, read the interview log and the assessment with decision by the AO to see if everything is complete. Perhaps they lost your interview materials and referred you to court for failure to appear.

They messed up your case. Maybe you should do FOIA, read the interview log and the assessment with decision by the AO to see if everything is complete. Perhaps they lost your interview materials and referred you to court for failure to appear.
Well my initial thoughts on this what happened were pretty much the same. But in yellow anvelope I received,my attorney also got it on the sam day, they explained shortly why is a refferal. Overall impression is like that they didnt even gave it a proper analise and check up. With this weird thing happening with online app and phone number saying ‘your app is still pending’ is just a bad experience I must say. Since I read that FL has a backlog of more than 25% of all US asylum apps they‘ve been trying to clear a backlog in a swift and timely manner thats what kinda impression I got from all this.
I have a good lawyer so I’ll deffinitely check my options with him. Even to do a ‘change of venue’ and move and move my case to another state with a greater chance of winning this. Those are my options right now..

Again days stopped clock running when your on status is a completely different story ! Cause you ain’t unlawful from day one
Hi all, I'll jump in as that was my post. All of the documents were submitted while on a valid visa. This is the first I have heard that the EAD clock counts differently if you are in or out of status, so sorry for any confusion it has caused! Good luck to all!!

Hi all, I'll jump in as that was my post. All of the documents were submitted while on a valid visa. This is the first I have heard that the EAD clock counts differently if you are in or out of status, so sorry for any confusion it has caused! Good luck to all!!
I think i write in English man! I said 100 times i don’t care that when you applied you were in status or nah! All it matters is that are you in status now or no???????? I mean why too much arguments guys? If you’re not convinced with someone opinion then just ignore it i hope everyone here get approvals ! amen

@Mishomasr, what if decision is pending, and applicant is still in status, how is that different? like if the clocking running and days are accurate? and clock running and days frozen?