F1 extension with spouse holding I-140

raguchennai

I am doing PhD in the US with a valid F1 expiring May 2022. I am planning to register my marriage with a person who is on H1B and with I-140 approved. Will I have rejection if I apply for renewal of F1 as I would be declaring my spouse visa status in my DS160? Will the F1 renewal be cancelled when I apply for it at the US consulate or when I return to US by port authorities? If this is an issue, I would rather postpone my marriage registration. Please let me know.

I am doing PhD in the US with a valid F1 expiring May 2022. I am planning to register my marriage with a person who is on H1B and with I-140 approved. Will I have rejection if I apply for renewal of F1 as I would be declaring my spouse visa status in my DS160? Will the F1 renewal be cancelled when I apply for it at the US consulate or when I return to US by port authorities? If this is an issue, I would rather postpone my marriage registration. Please let me know.
What do you mean by “register” your marriage? Either you are married, or you aren’t. Some countries require “registration“ of marriage but the US doesn’t. If you are married, you need to list your spouse where asked to do so in any official forms, regardless whether or where it has been ”registered” or not. If by “register” you mean the actual act of getting married, that is a different issue.

What do you mean by “register” your marriage? Either you are married, or you aren’t. Some countries require “registration“ of marriage but the US doesn’t. If you are married, you need to list your spouse where asked to do so in any official forms, regardless whether or where it has been ”registered” or not. If by “register” you mean the actual act of getting married, that is a different issue.
Yes, I mean getting married in the near future and then registering it.