Removal from US pursuant to Section 212(a) (7) (A) (i) (I)

wmarie

Hello,
I am trying to figure out what form is needed to file to apply to re-enter the US from Canada after a 5 year ban. I was considered inadmissible to enter the US at the border. Do I use form the I-212 waiver or the I-I92? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• SKM_C25821040115260.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 23
Denial of entry on INA 212(a)(7)(A) simply means that you were denied for immigrant intent. That by itself only applies to that time. However, it's what happened after denial of entry that matters. Here, it seems from the documents you posted like you were placed into expedited removal and removed. Removal at arrival triggered a 5-year ban under INA 212(a)(9)(A). That ban will last until 2025, 5 years after the removal.

What are you seeking to do now? Immigrate to the US or visit the US as a nonimmigrant? If the latter, are you a Canadian citizen?

Denial of entry on INA 212(a)(7)(A) simply means that you were denied for immigrant intent. That by itself only applies to that time. However, it's what happened after denial of entry that matters. Here, it seems from the documents you posted like you were placed into expedited removal and removed. Removal at arrival triggered a 5-year ban under INA 212(a)(9)(A). That ban will last until 2025, 5 years after the removal.

What are you seeking to do now? Immigrate to the US or visit the US as a nonimmigrant? If the latter, are you a Canadian citizen?
I would like to be able to visit my boyfriend who is a US citizen in WA. I am not necessarily looking to become an immigrate to the US. It is possible at some point we might get married but for now would like to have to option to visit. Yes, I am a Canadian citizen.

If you're seeking to visit the US as a nonimmigrant, you can either apply for a nonimmigrant waiver with I-192, or apply for permission to reapply with I-212. I am not sure what the best option is.

Okay, Thank you.
I looked at the I-92 and the I-212 and have watched many video's in regard to both of the forms. If I was banned for 5years and the 5 year's isn't up it still confuses me why you mentioned I could do either one? The video's all point to me having to ask for permission to reapply ?