Eoir 42b visa availability for FY 2019

Ok guys, so Im kind of nervous right now. I went to the online website, and finally after almost 2 years, I see my case was GRANTED.
Now, in the bottom left, on the section about appeals, it says: "An appeal is due by February 16, 2021 "

I just called my lawyer and Im waiting for him to call me back. Does anybody know what this means? I thought the government wasnt going to appeal my case. Is this normal? If Im positive, this just means they are just following the protocols, but its not a big deal. After I talk to my lawyer, I will post here with more info.

Ok guys, so Im kind of nervous right now. I went to the online website, and finally after almost 2 years, I see my case was GRANTED.
Now, in the bottom left, on the section about appeals, it says: "An appeal is due by February 16, 2021 "

I just called my lawyer and Im waiting for him to call me back. Does anybody know what this means? I thought the government wasnt going to appeal my case. Is this normal? If Im positive, this just means they are just following the protocols, but its not a big deal. After I talk to my lawyer, I will post here with more info.
From what our attorney said to us. The DA has a month to appeal a case. Maybe that's what it means. That an appeal is due. They might not appeal( hopefully they don't). The DA in my husband's court told him she wasn't appealing. Were still waiting for the judge's written decision. May I ask where your court was? Good luck!!

They have a mount to appeal the case. My shows the same thing. But I doubt they will appeal. My lawyer said that we need to wait until the 6th and then we are calling the immigration.

From what our attorney said to us. The DA has a month to appeal a case. Maybe that's what it means. That an appeal is due. They might not appeal( hopefully they don't). The DA in my husband's court told him she wasn't appealing. Were still waiting for the judge's written decision. May I ask where your court was? Good luck!!
They have a mount to appeal the case. My shows the same thing. But I doubt they will appeal. My lawyer said that we need to wait until the 6th and then we are calling the immigration.
Yes you guys are right. I talked to my lawyer and he told me the same thing. He swore that they wont appeal and that my case was won 100%. We are just waiting for the written decision.

Anyone on this forum with individual(oral grant) hearing May 2019’?... I’m 1 year 8 months and counting lol..hopefully soon!!

Last edited:
Anyone on this forum with individual(oral grant) hearing May 2019’?... I’m 1 year 8 months and counting lol..hopefully soon!!
Yep, mine's May 1st 2019. I am cautiously optimistic. At the rate things are going, it may seem that they are clearing a sort of temporary "backlog" created by the pandemic. We've had Individuals who were granted in Nov 2018 to Feb '19 being granted around the same time. That's just my guess. Anyhow, good luck! Hopefully we hear something positive soon

Yep, mine's May 1st 2019. I am cautiously optimistic. At the rate things are going, it may seem that they are clearing a sort of temporary "backlog" created by the pandemic. We've had Individuals who were granted in Nov 2018 to Feb '19 being granted around the same time. That's just my guess. Anyhow, good luck! Hopefully we hear something positive soon
Oh ok, yeah that’s what it looks like! Before the pandemic waiting time was around 1.5 years! ....so let’s hope we get it!

That is normal don’t worry

My lawyer recommended to wait until the 6th. But she told me that info pass don’t existe anymore.so we have to request an emergency appointment USCIS

My lawyer recommended to wait until the 6th. But she told me that info pass don’t existe anymore.so we have to request an emergency appointment USCIS

We called on Jan 8th they put us on a call back list. Finally got a call on 01/27/21 for infopass appointment. It took three weeks to get a call and appt is set for feb 4th . One step closer

We called on Jan 8th they put us on a call back list. Finally got a call on 01/27/21 for infopass appointment. It took three weeks to get a call and appt is set for feb 4th . One step closer
Did you get the written decision on the mail already? I called my lawyer last week but he was unavailable. I havent gotten anything on the mail yet and EOIR granted our case more than 2 weeks ago. I moved to a new place, so I was worried that the court sent the letter to my previous address, but when I went yesterday to ask if the new tenant got that mail they told me they havent (I know the new tenants because they were my previous neighbors for almost 10 years).