Issue with Extension of Stay B2 visa

Saptarshi

hi Rajiv,

I have a question regarding a B2 visa extension of stay situation.
I had to undergo 3 serious surgeries this year (have another next year) and my parents visited me on 7/13/2020 to help with my recovery. Their I94 expires on 01/13/2021. I have applied for their extension of stay for another 6 months with proper doctor recommendation letter and everything, but it's been 1 month and I have not received any receipt letter from USCIS yet.
What are my options if I dont receive receipt letter in time before 01/13/2020?
Can my parents just visit canada for a day and re-enter USA and explain the emergency circumstances to the immigration guys at port of entry?
Any suggestions would be extremely helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks
Saptarshi Ghosh

Since they have filed for Extension of Stay before their status expired, they can stay in the US for as long as it is pending. Although they haven't received the receipt yet, it is pretty certain that the official "received date" will be before their status expires in January, as it is generally no more than a few days off from when the mail is delivered to USCIS.

Since they have filed for Extension of Stay before their status expired, they can stay in the US for as long as it is pending. Although they haven't received the receipt yet, it is pretty certain that the official "received date" will be before their status expires in January, as it is generally no more than a few days off from when the mail is delivered to USCIS.
Thanks for the reply.
I checked the money order online and it has been cashed on 12/09/2020 but even till now, I have not received any receipt notice. I had also provided G1145 with my phone and email address but still no response from them yet. It's been over 30 days since the package arrived at their lockbox. Now I am getting worried. What can I do in this situation?

Thanks
Saptarshi Ghosh