Previous company name entered incorrectly. Is it likely to cause issues?

luigifromitaly

My PERM was filed around 3 months ago and my previous company's name was entered incorrectly. It should be: "XYZ Spain Express Service Limited" but it was entered as "XYZ Spain Limited" with the word "Express Service" missed out.

Would this be likely to cause a rejection/RFE at the I-140 stage when they ask for work experience letters and the letter head shows the name with 'Express Service' in it?

Is it okay to let the PERM proceed or do you recommend withdrawing/refiling? Can we just state on I-140 that this minor error occurred on ETA 9089 form? The P.D is about 3 months ago so it suck to have to undo everything and start from scratch.

If it is harmless error which cannot help or damage your case in getting approved,I would say bring to to USCIS attention at I-140 stage.

If it is harmless error which cannot help or damage your case in getting approved,I would say bring to to USCIS attention at I-140 stage.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what you mean by damaging the case?

Do you mean that, in case it is approved?

Thank you for your help! :)

From whatever you wrote I believe this is an harmless error. At time of I-140 filing include short note about employer name correction. You should be fine.

From whatever you wrote I believe this is an harmless error. At time of I-140 filing include short note about employer name correction. You should be fine.

Thank you for your advice, it gives me good hope as it was indeed a harmless typo and error that doesn’t really affect the application.

One follow up question: is it better to include a short note for the name correction at the time of filling I-140 or is better to just file it and then clarify the name at RFE stage if asked in your opinion?

My lawyer gave me these two options but I’m a bit confused which is better.