• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I just got an answer from the guy who took my finger print at the ASC. He reached out to the supervisor and said it should not be an issue. But I was just curious if there is a reason why they are assigning a new USCIS A# to me. My previous EAD cards are for OPT and STEM OPT, and they want me to have a new USCIS A# for my green card?So can someone explain?

I had A number assigned me to almost 10 years ago with my OPT. This time after AOS filing they assigned new A-Number. @Sm1smom replied about this few months back in May. No need to worry @kong17

Thanks for your response. Today, I used this mistake and I was able to convince the FO security to enter and talk with an officer in the FO. I talked with them for a long time but they told me that they cannot help me. They told me, I should wait for NBC to schedule a biometric for me. They told me that my case is in NBC and they should schedule biometric and interview for me.
Do you think this is correct as they told me that NBC should schedule both biometric and interview letters?

NBC normally schedules the bio.
FO schedules the interview.

Still follow the below suggestion >>>>>

Call again and explain your situation to a level 2 rep. Tell them your original appointment was cancelled due to their office closure. Let them know you attended the subsequent appointment which you got a notification for, but it looks like that was scheduled for just your I-131. Ask the rep to assist with reaching out to the NBC or your FO to ensure you get rescheduled for a new bio appointment.

Have you received your Notice of Action (NOA) letter? Do you mean receipt number by case number?
HI. Yes I did, in mid June, they cashed the payment as well.Update: I was able to speak to someone at USCIS, the lady told me that bio letter were sent out to me and I should wait up to a month, I guess its a good news

Hi all,
Just wanted to give an update on my case.
Today I had my biometrics appointment.
I went there 15' before my appointment, with my id and the appointment notice, had my picture and fingerprint taken.
The whole procedure didn't last more than 10 minutes.
My case status is still "fingerprint fee was received".
I am waiting for another UCSIS call and email that will provide information about my interview.

Package was mailed less than a week ago, that explains the non NOA receipt for now. Anyway, either of two things will happen:
1. The Chicago Lockbox rejects your package as incomplete and sends it back, in which case you’ll re-file and ensure you include the payment receipt.
2. The AOS package is accepted by the Chicago Lockbox, in which case you take the payment receipt along to your interview. The risk with this option:
a. AOS petition may be denied without an interview if the IO decides to use their discretion in following a 2018 directive that encouraged them to deny incomplete petitions without issuing a RFE (the directive asked them to treat petitions without certain pertinent documents as time wasting placeholders to enable USCIS improve on processing time).
b. If your IO was considering approving your I-485 without an interview, they will not be able to do so. They will be forced to schedule you for an interview in that case.

So keep your fingers crossed and hope in the worst case scenario, you’re given the opportunity to present the receipt at interview.
Hello,

I have reviewed an interview invitation (no biometrics as of yet). Will the IO ask for the missing documents or do I need to present them prior to our interview when he asks if there is anything I want to add to my application? Is it possible that the IO already made up their mind about rejecting my application since I submitted incomplete application?

I have applied for AOS while holding a work visa. I lost my job (thanks to covid19) and my visa is no longer valid. My spouse who is a derivative on my application still has a full time employment and we are bringing their employment letter as well as last paystubs will that be okay to prove that we are still financially stable?

I can add myself to the spreadsheet or I can write out my timeline in a comment if you'd like to limit the amount of people with access to the sheet

Hi, we have an american toddler too. I can only tell that we don`t have that notice. Is it included in both letters?
Do you have the same time slot as your husband? To be honest due to the circumstances (early appointment, Covid) I would bring my baby with me and tell upon arrival that I am sorry and how to handle it. Or I would ask a friend to meet me there and watch the baby at a playground nearby.
here it says do not bring additional individuals or family members to your appointment. I decided to bring my baby with me, hopefully they will allow us to enter together, if not i was thinking to ask them to go one by one. Hopefully it will work out.
1595901229228.png

You will be interviewed at the same time even if the appointment times differ.
We have had people in your situation take the baby with before and it has not been a problem. I am not sure if Covid changes that but, if you don’t have anyone to look after the baby I’m sure they’d understand. I would not want to get a babysitter i‘d never used before under current circumstances.
Thank you so much for your reply!

Hello,

I have reviewed an interview invitation (no biometrics as of yet). Will the IO ask for the missing documents or do I need to present them prior to our interview when he asks if there is anything I want to add to my application? Is it possible that the IO already made up their mind about rejecting my application since I submitted incomplete application?

I have applied for AOS while holding a work visa. I lost my job (thanks to covid19) and my visa is no longer valid. My spouse who is a derivative on my application still has a full time employment and we are bringing their employment letter as well as last paystubs will that be okay to prove that we are still financially stable?

I can add myself to the spreadsheet or I can write out my timeline in a comment if you'd like to limit the amount of people with access to the sheet

1. It depends. If they’re pertinent documents that should have been included, you can let the IO know you have them with you and wish to submit them. You most likely wouldn’t have received an IL if the IO had already decided to deny your application, you would have received a denial notice instead.

2. Sorry to learn of your job loss. I can’t say, I don’t know what your spouse’s income is or if it meets the applicable poverty guideline for your case.

3. The timeline spreadsheet is a self reported document. You can send an access request directly from it to enable you update it on your own.

1. It depends. If they’re pertinent documents that should have been included, you can let the IO know you have them with you and wish to submit them. You most likely wouldn’t have received an IL if the IO had already decided to deny your application, you would have received a denial notice instead.

2. Sorry to learn of your job loss. I can’t say, I don’t know what your spouse’s income is or if it meets the applicable poverty guideline for your case.

3. The timeline spreadsheet is a self reported document. You can send an access request directly from it to enable you update it on your own.

Thank you. My spouse earns well above the poverty line and we have proof of significant assets. I guess I'm more worried about my expired status. Following advise of someone else I won't mention that we did not receive bio letters although we will bring police certificates with us we got for CP processing and I have a US FBI background check as well.

Thank you for all your help

Thank you. My spouse earns well above the poverty line and we have proof of significant assets. I guess I'm more worried about my expired status. Following advise of someone else I won't mention that we did not receive bio letters although we will bring police certificates with us we got for CP processing and I have a US FBI background check as well.

Thank you for all your help

Good to know your spouse’s income is more than enough.

What was the status you filed from by the way? Was it already expired before you filed for AOS?

Will not discourage your from taking along your PCC and self ordered FBI background check. But I know for a fact, USCIS will not use those documents to replace your required bio appointment which will be used in initiating the required background check.

Hello everyone,
I just got approved on site today. The interview was super fast in Buffalo NY (~10 mins), and the IO was nice. New card is being produced. I want to thank everyone sharing useful information on this forum. Especially Mom!
I will update my case in the spreadsheet once I receive the card.
@Sm1smom
Btw, do I need to do anything to my old F1 visa on my passport? I am curious what the customs at the airports will do to me next time I enter with my current passport.
I also think it's a good idea to contact the international student office of my university to update my immigration status and get my tax status correct.

Hello everyone,
I just got approved on site today. The interview was super fast in Buffalo NY (~10 mins), and the IO was nice. New card is being produced. I want to thank everyone sharing useful information on this forum. Especially Mom!
@Sm1smom
Btw, do I need to do anything to my old F1 visa on my passport? I am curious what the customs at the airports will do to me next time I enter with my current passport.
I also think it's a good idea to contact the international student office of my university to update my immigration status and get my tax status correct.

Congratulations.

Next time you enter the US following an international trip, you’ll present both your passport and GC for admission, the IO at the POE isn’t going to bother about doing anything to the visa on your passport. It becomes invalid in the system once you become a LPR.

Wait until you have an actual proof of your LPR status (either your plastic GC or the I-551 stamp - temporary green card - on your passport before informing your school of your new status.

Congratulations.

Next time you enter the US following an international trip, you’ll present both your passport and GC for admission, the IO at the POE isn’t going to bother about doing anything to the visa on your passport. It becomes invalid in the system once you become a LPR.

Wait until you have an actual proof of your LPR status (either your plastic GC or the I-551 stamp - temporary green card - on your passport before informing your school of your new status.

Thank you very much to the information! I hope everyone who is waiting gets the case approved smoothly!

Hello everyone,
@Sm1smom

Big Congratulations!!

I'm F1 live in NY too but my FO is Manhattan. I'm still waiting for getting interview invitation. I have completed fingerprints since March and just got combo card approved on July 8 but no signs of interview schedule yet, hopefully I will get it soon in time.

Is there anyone here who is in NYC area too? I don't know how is other DV AOS cases in NYC going.

I still be positive and pray for it everyday.

Wish you all good luck as well !

Hello mom @Sm1smom,
I have just received the electronic receipt notice. Unfortunately, I have to change my address by Aug20. Does it matter if I move within the same state or to different state? (in terms of the processing time). And if I decided to move to different state, does it matter if I submit the change of address request before or after attending the biometrics appointment at my current state?

Good to know your spouse’s income is more than enough.

What was the status you filed from by the way? Was it already expired before you filed for AOS?

Will not discourage your from taking along your PCC and self ordered FBI background check. But I know for a fact, USCIS will not use those documents to replace your required bio appointment which will be used in initiating the required background check.
I got my TN Visa mid February. I submitted ds260 the day after I got my TN Visa for CP. Was furloughed mid April. Covid happened and I changed my filling to AOS end of May. Mid June I still did not return to work so my TN is no longer valid. Work said they want me to come back sometime in August but I won't be able to if I don't get my green card by then. I am worried that the officer may have an issue with the fact that I submitted AOS while being furloughed. At this point there is nothing I can do though. I hope the officer shows some leniency in my case. For now I am staying home with my son who was born in USA in April

Hi Mom,
I completed my biometrics appointment yesterday at Lawrence MA after receiving the ASC appointment notice via email, as the appointment was scheduled earlier than the actual mail would have been delivered to my apartment. My notice was for I485 but the code was 2 (photo, signature and index finger press-print), thus I did not do 10 fingers. Do you recommend that I call USCIS to ask if I should have been scheduled for a code 3 type of appointment?

Thank you,
ElenP