Deportation rates by city

CraigPatterson

Hi,
I wanted to share this image about cities and their deportation rates.
This means that if I’m in San Francisco my chances of going through a divorce and the judge acknowledging my marriage was Bona Fide will be higher than if I’d be living in Charlotte assuming I have evidence and it actually is.
Is it a clear “yes” or am I missing something?
E648784E-FFC3-40FE-8B0B-C162B8C79001.png

The something you’re missing imo is the leap from getting a divorce to ending up in front of an immigration judge.
If my spouse says it was fraud just because her lawyer suggests it will that bring or trigger something that can initiate deportation?

Even if the divorce goes through the decree might have fraud on it. I am trying to figure things out so that I can decide in which court I want my case to be held. I want to increase my chances because this is not fair area, this is an area where good people are sometimes judged mistakenly and I don’t want to be a victim of that.

The judge that will decide the divorce Will most probably Have jurisdiction over immigration matters assuming it’s held in San Francisco.

If my spouse says it was fraud just because her lawyer suggests it will that bring or trigger something that can initiate deportation?

Even if the divorce goes through the decree might have fraud on it. I am trying to figure things out so that I can decide in which court I want my case to be held. I want to increase my chances because this is not fair area, this is an area where good people are sometimes judged mistakenly and I don’t want to be a victim of that.

The judge that will decide the divorce Will most probably Have jurisdiction over immigration matters assuming it’s held in San Francisco.

Slow down. Divorce court judges do not grant deportation orders. Cases do not get referred to immigration court just because an annoyed spouse claims a fraudulent marriage. (If it did they’d be even more flooded than they are.) There would need to be some reasonable proof of immigration fraud and quite frankly, unless it’s part of an organized marriage fraud ring, ICE has bigger fish to fry.

Slow down. Divorce court judges do not grant deportation orders. Cases do not get referred to immigration court just because an annoyed spouse claims a fraudulent marriage. (If it did they’d be even more flooded than they are.) There would need to be some reasonable proof of immigration fraud and quite frankly, unless it’s part of an organized marriage fraud ring, ICE has bigger fish to fry.

I thought it’d be like this Divorce decree says it was fraud>>this information goes to uscis>>and then what ever follows can just be bad.She could even use this decree and report to Uscis.

I’m worried about the long term of this even if it takes 5 months because I plan to stay in the us 1 year if possible and then whatever happens is ok.

So I know it’s redundant but from what you say can one imply that a divorce decree mentioning fraud will not start or initiate a chain related to removal either short or long term?
Let’s put apart the fact that it’ll affect any type of application or interview with Uscis.

I do appreciate you’re taking the time to respond.

Does she have proof that you entered the marriage with intention to defraud the USCIS? An allegation without proof probably won’t hold up well in court (if it even gets there).

I thought it’d be like this Divorce decree says it was fraud>>this information goes to uscis>>and then what ever follows can just be bad.She could even use this decree and report to Uscis.

I’m worried about the long term of this even if it takes 5 months because I plan to stay in the us 1 year if possible and then whatever happens is ok.

So I know it’s redundant but from what you say can one imply that a divorce decree mentioning fraud will not start or initiate a chain related to removal either short or long term?
Let’s put apart the fact that it’ll affect any type of application or interview with Uscis.

I do appreciate you’re taking the time to respond.
I don’t know what they put down on at-fault divorces where those exist, but do you think any judge is going to accept an accusation of fraud without proof?
Who is the “they” that reports it to uscis?
If your wife wanted to screw you with uscis she could just report you to their fraud tipline. And without proof of fraud that won’t go anywhere either.
backlogs at immigration courts average 725 days at the moment. https://trac.syr.edu/phptools/immigration/court_backlog/

So let’s actually get down to the big question here: does she have proof of fraud?

Does she have proof that you entered the marriage with intention to defraud the USCIS? An allegation without proof probably won’t hold up well in court (if it even gets there).
She doesn’t but she’s got a really good lawyer and lots of contacts in both family court and immigration since she worked there. I know the law is fair but people’s perception and a lawyers skills are also big things. I’m the one with evidence though I just want to be better informed about what my chances are.

By the way, you do know immigration courts and immigration judges are separate from the normal court/judge system? And IJs are not actual judges in the conventional sense?

I doubt it, what constitutes proof of a fraudulent marriage anyway?

I know those courts are separate but what you mean by they’re not judges in the conventional sense that I don’t know.

Ok,
What is a good proof of marriage fraud beyond crazy things?
Assuming she’s trying really hard to prove it what could be her best move?
I can’t speculate on stuff like that. If you’re really worried you should make sure you have a good lawyer.

How does it? Any idea because I can’t find information about it

I feel Ike I’m going round in circles with you. Maybe take a deep breath, re-read and understand what you are reading. Which will also tell you why you are not finding any information on it.

I have never seen someone react like this before. Either you are irrationally paranoid about what is going to happen, in which case nothing I say is going to make any difference, or you have reason to be worried about fraud, in which case get a lawyer.

I’m just uninformed and learning + most probably uncertain about this stuff because I’ve never been to court for any reason.
But yes I’ll take a deep breath and re read!