Waiting Asylum decision

My gut says, all cases except those who filed closer to opening of AO offices have added up to much longer wait times. But one good thing is that they still process applications like I-765.
Assuming that new cases did not stop beeing filed to AO offices and no new interviews scheduled until April 1, cases pending interviews will be waiting twice(if not more) as much compared to the normal operating times had COVID-19 never happened. This could be even more if they extend this regimen till August. God help us!

What is the best number to call Tustin Asylum Offive for an inquiry? I have called this number 714 368 5700 on their website but there seems no option for speaking with human

My gut says, all cases except those who filed closer to opening of AO offices have added up to much longer wait times. But one good thing is that they still process applications like I-765.
Assuming that new cases did not stop beeing filed to AO offices and no new interviews scheduled until April 1, cases pending interviews will be waiting twice(if not more) as much compared to the normal operating times had COVID-19 never happened. This could be even more if they extend this regimen till August. God help us!
would EAD still can be applied after 150 days even if no interview happened? Any delays happening in EADs currently?

would EAD still can be applied after 150 days even if no interview happened? Any delays happening in EADs currently?
Delays happen only with cases requiring face to face interviews such as asylum , marriage, adjustment of status etc. I assume you may be able to file after 150 days provided that, USCIS has received your case and issued a notice.
I don't know much about delays since this thing just started to happen however I suppose significant delays there aswell because of much lower workforce and they probably are attending more exigent matters than EADs. This is better than nothing.

Hi Friends
I'm from Iran and I want to apply for Asylum, can you recommend me a creditworthy lawyer with an affordable retainer fee?

I think since delay isn’t from the applicant, the EAD clock will keep running. My keep running and am due for EAD application in two weeks as my lawyer have update me already on EAD documents signing.

Why did it stop?
I don't know why it stopped. It's been stuck for a few days but it says the clock is still running.
There was an error with the clock that counts since 10 years ago. My lawyer sent written and electronic requests to fix that.

I don't know why it stopped. It's been stuck for a few days but it says the clock is still running.
There was an error with the clock that counts since 10 years ago. My lawyer sent written and electronic requests to fix that.
Good thing you have written to them. It will be resolved. Next time when sending through USPS ask for a signed receipt so that when you track your mail when delivered you will see who received and signed it, then if there is any issue you can easily mention the receivers name. They may or may not respond to you but rest assured they will correct and update the mistake

Good thing you have written to them. It will be resolved. Next time when sending through USPS ask for a signed receipt so that when you track your mail when delivered you will see who received and signed it, then if there is any issue you can easily mention the receivers name. They may or may not respond to you but rest assured they will correct and update the mistake
Hey

My lawyer got an email from the Chicago asylum office that they have fixed the error and their system shows that my case has been pending for 28 days (not 10 years). However, when I check the status online with the receipt number, it still shows that it's been pending for 3670 and it's been stuck for days. Did they change the online clock for you after they fixed your problem or is it still showing something wrong?

Hey

My lawyer got an email from the Chicago asylum office that they have fixed the error and their system shows that my case has been pending for 28 days (not 10 years). However, when I check the status online with the receipt number, it still shows that it's been pending for 3670 and it's been stuck for days. Did they change the online clock for you after they fixed your problem or is it still showing something wrong?
Hey

The asylum office never updates anything! Trust me on this one. Typically, the clock is controlled by USCIS, who, once the case is transferred to the local office, never update anything until a decision is made. The asylum office will not update anything until decision is made, they have a hard time updating anything. You have to physically visit them to get them to do anything. They had difficulty updating my address!

The asylum office never updates anything! Trust me on this one. Typically, the clock is controlled by USCIS, who, once the case is transferred to the local office, never update anything until a decision is made. The asylum office will not update anything until decision is made, they have a hard time updating anything. You have to physically visit them to get them to do anything. They had difficulty updating my address!
So, are you saying that the Chicago office is bullshitting me and they have not fixed anything?
People change address all the time and they do inform USCIS through mail. Nobody goes to the office to report change of address
I can't physically visit them because they do not allow in-person visits during the pandemic.

How court hearings are going on? any postpone in asylum master calendar hearing.. I have my master calendar hearing on March 30, 2020 in san antonio