• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

April 2020 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

AFRICA: 45,175
Except:
Egypt 39,000

ASIA: 18,450
Except:
Iran 11,550
Nepal 11,700

EUROPE: 30,000

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 17

OCEANIA: 2,150

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 1,875

DIVERSITY VISA (DV) AVAILABILTY IN THE COMING MONTHS

The May rank cut-off movements for all DV regions continue to be greater than might ordinarily have been expected, in order to generate applicant demand under the respective annual limits. This is because fewer DV applicants are actively pursuing final action on their cases at consular posts abroad, and the volume of USCIS adjustment cases remains low. If large numbers of applicants eventually do begin to have their cases brought to final action, rank cut-off date movements will necessarily slow or stop, and retrogression would become a possibility. At this time, it is not possible to say when such action might be required, but late summer would be the most likely time.

—-

... I think this is the first time I’ve seen something like this for DV, I don’t recall any specific comments before? Or did I just miss them?

DIVERSITY VISA (DV) AVAILABILTY IN THE COMING MONTHS

The May rank cut-off movements for all DV regions continue to be greater than might ordinarily have been expected, in order to generate applicant demand under the respective annual limits. This is because fewer DV applicants are actively pursuing final action on their cases at consular posts abroad, and the volume of USCIS adjustment cases remains low. If large numbers of applicants eventually do begin to have their cases brought to final action, rank cut-off date movements will necessarily slow or stop, and retrogression would become a possibility. At this time, it is not possible to say when such action might be required, but late summer would be the most likely time.

—-

... I think this is the first time I’ve seen something like this for DV, I don’t recall any specific comments before? Or did I just miss them?
And that is worrying for high case numbers . or what do you think this means ?

And that is worrying for high case numbers . or what do you think this means ?
Why Is it worrying? They’re saying they are trying to get more people applying. So if applications remain low they’ll get to the higher numbers faster. At that point they “may” have to slow or retrogress, though given low numbers so far I personally doubt there will be retrogression. Remember they are explicitly aiming at almost the full 55k this year.
I find it interesting that they are actively addressing the low numbers of applicants/issued visas.

Reminder about how low issuance has been so far. They can issue around 5900 a month from now (well, from Feb), doubling the January rate, and still be within the annual limit ...

Monthly visa issuances for 01/2020 have been released. 2820 visas were issued, 7630 total in DV2020.

AF 895
AS 632
EU 1068
NA 0
OC 76
SA 149

Updated charts are available at https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/

Last edited:
Why Is it worrying? They’re saying they are trying to get more people applying. So if applications remain low they’ll get to the higher numbers faster. At that point they “may” have to slow or retrogress, though given low numbers so far I personally doubt there will be retrogression. Remember they are explicitly aiming at almost the full 55k this year.
I find it interesting that they are actively addressing the low numbers of applicants/issued visas.
It's only that I got worried when I read the word " regression " .

It's only that I got worried when I read the word " regression " .
You should be reading in context and not jumping to conclusions... I have bolded some stuff from the sentence for you

If large numbers of applicants eventually do begin to have their cases brought to final action, rank cut-off date movements will necessarily slow or stop, and retrogression would become a possibility.

You're correct Susie, the message is new. It's in line what KCC told me a few weeks ago - they are not getting enough documents from people. However, there are many people that say they have sent documents and those documents never show up or have gone missing. The documents team and the normal teams are in different areas and are restricted from talking to each other. This is what has led to KCC saying they cannot check document status until the case is actually current. To be frank, it's a bit of a mess - and disappointing after this process has been in place for 18 months.

You're correct Susie, the message is new. It's in line what KCC told me a few weeks ago - they are not getting enough documents from people. However, there are many people that say they have sent documents and those documents never show up or have gone missing. The documents team and the normal teams are in different areas and are restricted from talking to each other. This is what has led to KCC saying they cannot check document status until the case is actually current. To be frank, it's a bit of a mess - and disappointing after this process has been in place for 18 months.

And now Kenya has stopped consular interviews till month end and apparently (I’ve seen nothing official but have seen posts of cancellations) so has Frankfurt, so I’m guessing that’s all going to impact too.

You should be reading in context and not jumping to conclusions... I have bolded some stuff from the sentence for you

If large numbers of applicants eventually do begin to have their cases brought to final action, rank cut-off date movements will necessarily slow or stop, and retrogression would become a possibility.
I'm sorry but it's that we are over reacting , I guess . Because of having high case numbers

And now Kenya has stopped consular interviews till month end and apparently (I’ve seen nothing official but have seen posts of cancellations) so has Frankfurt, so I’m guessing that’s all going to impact too.
Warsaw is also officially closed. People with interviews scheduled 03/15-03/31 were notified by phone and email today.

10468 from 55k visas , all embassies are closed because of the Covid 19 , and about 5 months only to catch up . That doesn't look good for us 2020 winners , especially those with CN over 50k

10468 from 55k visas , all embassies are closed because of the Covid 19 , and about 5 months only to catch up . That doesn't look good for us 2020 winners , especially those with CN over 50k
It doesn't look good for everyone, not just high numbers at the moment... This whole year has been sluggish, full of hardles and quite miserable frankly. This covid-19 is just the icing on the cake of a terrible year to be selected in. May we all get selected again sometime...

It doesn't look good for everyone, not just high numbers at the moment... This whole year has been sluggish, full of hardles and quite miserable frankly. This covid-19 is just the icing on the cake of a terrible year to be selected in. May we all get selected again sometime...
I think the same way. This was a terrible year to be selected, not just for the covid-19. So frustrating...

I think the same way. This was a terrible year to be selected, not just for the covid-19. So frustrating...
It's funny (in a sad way) but it started off so well when we found out there's a low number of selectees, there are 5k more visas available etc. From there it just went downhill... Trump's BS with his bans and rules, KCC messing everything up to the point where they can't even communicate between themselves and now this virus. I'm done with this year, honestly.

Yes it's really frustrating to see these statistics of low selectees and 5k visas more , then at the same time all odds are against us . I have not gave up yet , the process ends in September and there will be visa Bulletin until July . So I'll wait and see what happens . Finger cross