• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I got this question from a WhatsApp group.
Hi everyone I av a quiz,I was schooling in school A but registered in center B to sit for my KCSE there,in My DS the name of institutions I filled the name of school A but in my certificate its written the name of the center B where I sat for my KCSE. it is a registered centre.should I be worried? Please advise!

Hi guys, this is an interview experience that happened today. Shared with permission

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE IN USA EMBASSY.
DATE:10TH DECEMBER
TIME:7:00AM
CASE NO:6k

Single Mum (1) daughter

We woke up,at 4:30,we prayed and we prepared ourselves.we left the house at 5:35 and we were at the embassy at 6:10.we found many people have already lined up and we joined them.

Security personnel came and brifed us on what to avoid when getting in.suddenly the rains started, ooh my God my make ups my hair and we did not have un umbrella ☔my girl told me it's shower's of blessings so don't worry mum.

With rains, the main gate was open and those interviews were from 6:30 to7 were the first ones to be checked , so we were lucky.we were asked for Appointment letter and pps and then we were checked, next was a Small desk where there's a Lady who checked our interview time and register in her iPad.

Second security, they asked for our appointment letter and pps, we were told to switch off the fons and put them on the tray together with watches coins and belts(any metallic item).we were allowed inside,and our items were put aside as we pass through the scanner.my shoe had a kametalI had to remove them.i picked them after passing scanner.

We went straight to where interview was conducted and at the reception we were asked for 2nl and we were given token number and a small sheet of paper to write our Case no ,email address ,and telephone no and told to wait outside for our number to be called.its verrrrry Cold there, keep warm.. We were called at counter no 8, were we found a very friendly African Lady.
Her: Goodmorning xxx
Me: morning too
Her: Goodmorning yyy
My girl: Good morning too.
She took my fingers print and asked for my pps,birth certs, kcse cert, my college certs and 2 post photo for two of us .
Me:I handed over to her
Her:xxx, have you ever been married
Me:No
Her:have you ever traveled out of this country
Her:have you ever served in millitary?
Her:have you ever convicted?
Me: No.
She instructed us on how to pay then she told us to wait for the main interview as we wait outside for our token to be called again.

While out side, panicking started☹I was so worried butterflies were all-over my body, and after few minutes we were called at counter no 7.i found a white lady.
CO: morning
Me: morning too madam
CO: Goodmorning young girl
My girl: Good morning too madam
CO: how old are you?
My girl:12yrs
CO: Raise your right am and swear that all you are going to say is true.
Me: I raised with confidence
She also took my fingerprints as she scaned something in her computer.
CO; when did you finished your high school?
Me:xxxxx
CO:what are you doing current
Me:xxxxx
CO: can't find your certificate from knec?
Me:I have gone there several times ,and I was there on last week on Friday and they told me that they have already sent to you,I have I paper that they gave me and also bank slip that I paid.
CO:let me then confirm as she goes to the back office.
Hapo nkajuwa kwisha MimiAp direct.
CO:I got it you are lucky , it's true they delivered on Friday .
Me:thank you
CO:who is dd?
Me:my host
CO: where does she work and live?
Me: Delaware
CO: where does the husband work
Me:xxx
CO: how comes you took your daughter's birth certificate last year when she was 11yrs?(Stone face)
CO::where is the other birth certificate??
Me:( trembling)it got lost
CO:so she has 2 birth certificates?
Me:No No,the notification is the one got lost.(I realized I have made mistake Jesus come and rescue me)
CO:while shouting at me with her eyes wideBUT YOU HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS THE ONE THAT GOT LOST?
ME:pia Mimi nkakondoa macho zangu no, no I met birth certificate notification is the one got lost that's why I delayed to take her certificate.

She turns to my daughter , while her eyes were
CO:yyy, have your ever visited your grandparents from your father's side?
My girl:No madam
CO:have you ever met you Daddy?
My girl:No madam
CO:do you know him?
My girl:No

Okay, everything seems to be fine has she was typing something in her computer,and boom I have approved your VISA.
We were so happy,I couldn't believe my eyes. Venye nilikuwa nmejimixwe thanked her and she gave us a white paper .nlitoka hapo kama kipchoge‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀1:59 tulikuwa kwa nyumba.thanks be to God.

Congratulations, hope you are getting everything ready for your flight. IOM offers very affordable flights. Church with them before buying. Check on Expedia . If you have any questions about relocating don’t hesitate to ask. Been here since 2014.

Another successful interview that happened today :)

17th dec INTERVIEW NAIROBI EMBASSY
woke up at 3:00am cz of preparation n distance to embassy. Had to Sleep at nyamakima because that was the convenient place. Reached embassy at around 5:20am, I was the first one at the gate. Security personnel briefed us on what to avoid while going in. I.e laptop,ipads,headphones, chargers, food and bags. Purses for ladies and two phones per person allowed.
1⃣‍♂️security check (main gate) you hand over appointment letter (1st nl) for verification of date plus original passport. Then u place all coins plus phone in a tray as they screen you if u carried any hard metal. Frisking done with a machine, some dii dii dii from the machine ain't a deal here as long as nothing is hidden in the clothes. Then your property is given back as you proceed to the next point.
Next is a small desk with a lady who checks on time of interview n registering your name in. Mine was 7:00am was allowed to proceed to the next step . Those whose time was 9am were taken back to a waiting bay.
2⃣security check. Thorough one here. Appointment letter n passport checked and put on a tray. Any phone or metal(including belts and ear rings)Plus medical cd not allowed in. You are allowed into a front office where all items are put aside as you pass through a scanner. I had to leave my shoes cz they had some metal. Then went ahead and picked my belt n shoes but left the fone behind as they issued me a small card.
Next place is interview area with of course security personnel outside bt no check up here. They also check ua passport and allow you get in to collect you ticket number. Opening the door to the premise was tricky not any ordinary door but with their guidance i was inside. Went to a lady who checks 2nd nl and passport, she issued ticket number and a small sheet to write names, case no. And phone number. I went out and waited to be called, at this point my intestines went upside down, state of panicking and anxiety build up. What was running in my mind was washrooms to pee . Bt i couldn't get out cz i was among the first people. After 10mins was called in again n told to go to counter no. **
⏺met a lady probably Kenyan
Her: "Morning"
Me: "Morning to you madam"

She guides me on fingerprints registration

Her: "welcome and can i have your originals and copies please"..... .....She names them PCC,birth cert,kcse cert, passport and 2 passport photos plus 2nl
Me......... ...I hand them without fear

Her: "do you have host documents?"
Me: "yes i do"

......i hand them over(IRS, I 134, Certificate of naturalisation and passport biodata page)

Her: "i have seen you have your college certificate, can i have it with a copy please?"
Me. "Yes please"

Her: "now proceed to next counter and pay"......she hands over an invoice

Went and paid and was told to go out and wait for the interview.

⏺After 30mins of panic i was called in and directed to a different counter where there was a mzungu. Kwisha mimi.
Co: "hi morning"
Me: "morning to you madam"
Co. "Raise your right arm and Swear that all information given is true"

Me....i raise and swear with confidence and energy till she smiles

She scans my fingers and starts
Co. "Who is ****??
Me: "that's my friend
Co: "how did he get to US?"
Me. *****??
Co. "Ooh..that's great. Which year?"
Me. "Back in ****"
CO: "when was the last time you met?"
Me: ***?
Her: "which year dd u complete your high school?"
Me ****
Her: "which course did you do thereafter?"
Me. ***
CO: "Where are u working currently?"
Me: *****
Co: where did you meet
Me: ******
Co:when did you do your customary
Me:******
Co: your visa has been approve
Congratulations and welcome to the United States

Congratulations, All the best as you prepare to move. Check IOM for good one way tickets for DV applicants and compare with online prices. Got my ticket from them in 2014.

I got this question from a WhatsApp group.
Hi everyone I av a quiz,I was schooling in school A but registered in center B to sit for my KCSE there,in My DS the name of institutions I filled the name of school A but in my certificate its written the name of the center B where I sat for my KCSE. it is a registered centre.should I be worried? Please advise!
What's their number? Maybe s/he can unlock and list both institutions even if the school they did their KCSE was only a 1 month duration. I believe its better safe than sorry.

JayR CN 2020AF15**
Mkaranja CN 2020AF3***
Mhehoh CN 2020AF3***
Lorna Okeyo CN 2020AF31**
Odurojnr CN 2020AF63**
Bosco CN 2020AF9***
Adel2015 CN 2020AF13***
Jay 8 CN 2020AF15***
Raychaelle CN 2020AF16***
Nickson CN 2020AF16***
Karendi BFF CN 2020AF17***
Yesca CN 2020AF19***
Denis.Muwuma CN20***
Jean CN 2020AF22***
SuavePineapple CN 2020AF22***
Unknown CN 2020AF22**
Olly okesh CN 2020AF24***
Jamooh CN 2020AF23****
Unknown CN 2020AF25***
Grace K. CN 2020AF25***
Fran CN 2020AF30***

WBA CN 2020AF33***
Aaske. CN 2020AF39***
Ryerye CN 2020AF39***
Wanjiku H. CN 2020AF50***
AmyLee CN 2020AF52***
WanjiruK. CN 2020AF52***
F.A CN 20020AF59***
Nyar Kath CN 2020AF60***
Maggie CN 2020AF61***
Janique CN 2020AF62***
Babycookie CN 2020AF65***
Davie CN 2020AF70***
CHERO CN unknown

Apart from @JayR, @Mhehoh and @odurojnr, who else has had an interview experience? Kindly share with the rest of us. More than half of the people in our list are current...

JayR CN 2020AF15**
Mkaranja CN 2020AF3***
Mhehoh CN 2020AF3***
Lorna Okeyo CN 2020AF31**
Odurojnr CN 2020AF63**
Bosco CN 2020AF9***
Adel2015 CN 2020AF13***
Jay 8 CN 2020AF15***
Raychaelle CN 2020AF16***
Nickson CN 2020AF16***
Karendi BFF CN 2020AF17***
Yesca CN 2020AF19***
Denis.Muwuma CN20***
Jean CN 2020AF22***
SuavePineapple CN 2020AF22***
Unknown CN 2020AF22**
Olly okesh CN 2020AF24***
Jamooh CN 2020AF23****
Unknown CN 2020AF25***
Grace K. CN 2020AF25***
Fran CN 2020AF30***

WBA CN 2020AF33***
Aaske. CN 2020AF39***
Ryerye CN 2020AF39***
Wanjiku H. CN 2020AF50***
AmyLee CN 2020AF52***
WanjiruK. CN 2020AF52***
F.A CN 20020AF59***
Nyar Kath CN 2020AF60***
Maggie CN 2020AF61***
Janique CN 2020AF62***
Babycookie CN 2020AF65***
Davie CN 2020AF70***
CHERO CN unknown

Apart from @JayR, @Mhehoh and @odurojnr, who else has had an interview experience? Kindly share with the rest of us. More than half of the people in our list are current...

My self am still waiting for 2NL Case AF20XXX