chicago asylum office

hi guys i making this thread for people whos interviewed in chicago asylum office
first of all i did interview in 22 /8 2018 but i didnt receive any thing from them my status is shows still pending i did call then but the same and i sent two inquiries same answers still pending

hi guys i making this thread for people whos interviewed in chicago asylum office
first of all i did interview in 22 /8 2018 but i didnt receive any thing from them my status is shows still pending i did call then but the same and i sent two inquiries same answers still pending

I am also waiting for the decision from the Chicago office. I have some progress though....my interview was in Dec 2018.

I contacted my congressman to intervene in my case. a few weeks back we got a reply from the Chicago office that my asylum application is pending security background checks. Today, we got an update from the asylum office stating “your application is in the final stages of processing. However, you must appear for fingerprint verification in Cleveland”. Have anyone of you had this kind of situation before? and do you think this is a positive sign that we will get a reply soon? I heard that when they request for second fingerprint its a good sign and we can get a reply after the second fingerprint has been submitted.

yea sir its a good sign and thats great at least they answers you i dont know what time they will send me the decision do you think if i go in walk there can help me!?

I think you can walk there and ask but I doubt they will give you any additional info apart from "decision pending". Have you tried contacting your congressman? My congressman has been very helpful and my case started moving only after he stepped in to help on my case. It might work for you too. I will keep everyone posted about my case. Hopefully, I will get a reply from them soon after submitting the second fingerprint.

You have to be patient. It's not unusual for people to wait one year or more. If it's been a year, open an inquiry every 3 months or so until you get a decision.

You have to be patient. It's not unusual for people to wait one year or more. If it's been a year, open an inquiry every 3 months or so until you get a decision.
im too nerves i have bad felling about the decision because its been 393 days and nuth from them

I am also waiting for the decision from the Chicago office. I have some progress though....my interview was in Dec 2018.

I contacted my congressman to intervene in my case. a few weeks back we got a reply from the Chicago office that my asylum application is pending security background checks. Today, we got an update from the asylum office stating “your application is in the final stages of processing. However, you must appear for fingerprint verification in Cleveland”. Have anyone of you had this kind of situation before? and do you think this is a positive sign that we will get a reply soon? I heard that when they request for second fingerprint its a good sign and we can get a reply after the second fingerprint has been submitted.
When did you file your asylum?

im too nerves i have bad felling about the decision because its been 393 days and nuth from them
We are also applied in november 2018 and did interview on January 2019 and still waiting for the decision. We contacted the senator after 1 year of interview and they replied him that our case is under background check. We also did a case inquiry by mailing to chicago asylum office a few days ago and they replied pending. Seems very template answer.
Let stay positive and be patient for good news

Do you think pending background check is positive sign ?
Are you from travel ban countries?
I think finger print is also valid for 14 or 15 months. Is it correct?

I apply in 2015 went for interview in dec 2017 and still waiting for decision can someone pls help with ideas what I can do .I contacted Chicago asylum office and they said it is still in process .I have try contacting congressmen in my area no result pls help

hey which congress person you contacted that help pls

I apply in 2015 went for interview in dec 2017 and still waiting for decision can someone pls help with ideas what I can do .I contacted Chicago asylum office and they said it is still in process .I have try contacting congressmen in my area no result pls help
Don't bother
It will lead to nothing. They will tell you to waitt

i went to chicago office 3 days ago and they said we have a punch of cases you need to wait a liitle bit more for you decision and maybe this year you can get your decision

i went to chicago office 3 days ago and they said we have a punch of cases you need to wait a liitle bit more for you decision and maybe this year you can get your decision
I honestly don't know what the Chicago office is doing. You have been waiting 1.5 years for your decision. Look at SF and LA. People get decisions from these offices in 6 months

I applied to Chicago office in late December. I haven't got the fingerprint notice yet