May 2019-Interview Complete, Waiting on Decision

zackmartin

I completed my asylum interview on May 28th, and was told to return in 2 weeks time. The interview didn't go very well, I was really nervous and forgot the name of a person who wrote me a letter.

I keep reading that decisions picked up in 2 weeks are overwhelmingly negative. Do you guys agree?

Also, one of the documents I submitted in a foreign language was only translated partially. Lawyer asked if we should translate fully and resubmit, officer said no. Do you guys think this is a bad sign because she already decided that her decision is negative, so there's no need? Or is it a good sign because she thought it was positive, and didnt need it more documents?

Last edited:
As per my knowledge, if you are in status, the office should tell you that decision will be mailed to you. If you are not in status, then you should go to pick up the decision after 14 days. So, what the officer told you is not related to your testimony.

I am not sure if two week pick up decision are denied or not but I think it's true.. Coz if I think if they going to grant you asylum they need to wait for all your background security checks and it takes times..

My asylum officer ask my address in the start of interview and he then put it in Google map to see how many hours I need to get to office.
And after that he told me it's like 200 miles so you need to come and pick your decision on 11 June.

Hi zack, what was your decision? did u get approvd?

I had my interview on the same date and when I showed up on 10th june as requested, they said my decision wasnt made yet & it will be mailed to me.

I completed my asylum interview on May 28th, and was told to return in 2 weeks time. The interview didn't go very well, I was really nervous and forgot the name of a person who wrote me a letter.

I keep reading that decisions picked up in 2 weeks are overwhelmingly negative. Do you guys agree?

Also, one of the documents I submitted in a foreign language was only translated partially. Lawyer asked if we should translate fully and resubmit, officer said no. Do you guys think this is a bad sign because she already decided that her decision is negative, so there's no need? Or is it a good sign because she thought it was positive, and didnt need it more documents?

Hi zack, what was your decision? did u get approvd?

I had my interview on the same date and when I showed up on 10th june as requested, they said my decision wasnt made yet & it will be mailed to me.

I just picked up the decision today. It was approved. I was REALLY REALLY REALLY surprised.

Everything pointed to a referral. From me forgetting information, an incomplete translation, and the 2 week waiting time.

I had already talked to a new lawyer about representing me for the immigration court, which ended up being unnecessary.

In any case, I'm glad and thankful.

I just picked up the decision today. It was approved. I was REALLY REALLY REALLY surprised.

Everything pointed to a referral. From me forgetting information, an incomplete translation, and the 2 week waiting time.

I had already talked to a new lawyer about representing me for the immigration court, which ended up being unnecessary.

In any case, I'm glad and thankful.

Congratulations!