Second Asylum Interview Experiences

asylee_2018

Guys, if anyone been called for a second interview, please share your experiences here... Let us know how long after your first interview was second interview conducted, if the same officer or different officer conduct the interview & what were the reason in your opinion for conducting second interview, such as : more clarification, makes no sense, some issues in the application, change circumstances in home country etc... Also, if you have received the decision after second interview (approval, referral etc)., let us know how long you waited for the decision after second interview....

My friend, bring a lawyer at your next interview.
Just to be on safe side.
Thank you... will do. I had a lawyer with me in the first interview also.... I thought i did well in the first interview, not sure what the deal is with the second interview....

Thank you... will do. I had a lawyer with me in the first interview also.... I thought i did well in the first interview, not sure what the deal is with the second interview....
Same Here, the office called my Lawyer to schedule a Second Interview - my First one went well without having my Lawyer ( my Lawyer didn't want to attend after i had moved to Different State) - so he asked the officer to call me Directly ( this happened three days ago and i haven't received any call yet) - so not sure what the reason behind the second interview and i don't know if i can bring a New Lawyer at this point.

Same Here, the office called my Lawyer to schedule a Second Interview - my First one went well without having my Lawyer ( my Lawyer didn't want to attend after i had moved to Different State) - so he asked the officer to call me Directly ( this happened three days ago and i haven't received any call yet) - so not sure what the reason behind the second interview and i don't know if i can bring a New Lawyer at this point.
When and where (which office) was your first interview ? My second interview is coming in about a week or so... I think you can have a new lawyer, as long as you have G-28 filled out and ready to submit to the officer. I would ask the lawyer though, to confirm, just in case....

My first one took place in August 2017 so it's been a while, all the luck in your upcoming interview.

Guys though it is a very further step but still i would like to share .

After my first interview at AO , i received a letter that your case has been referred to an IJ.so i got an interview date 3 months from then.
On the first court date they just call u and confirm your personal details and give you a face 2 face interview date.
So i got a date 1 year from that .
Time flew by and here we were ready for the interview.
Now here's the important points
1: Do bring an attorney with you.
Reason:- In my case my attorney ,its always ur lawyers turn to interview u soshe covered most of the important topics in my story by herself only ,so there were less questions by the state lawyer and the judge to ask you
2.Do get an interpreter as it gives you double time to think about the answer you have to give.
3.Do not change your story even a lil bit bcoZ they have the exact written answers that you gave at your AO interview
4.Ask your attorney to get ur AO interview CD so that u can listen to it and see that what did you answer at that time so u keep the same answers.

These are just few points rest it all depends how you give interview

Thanks you and good luch jn advance

I was scheduled for a second interview. My first interview took place in August 2018. I and my lawyer went to the asylum office for the second interview. We waited for about an hour, and after that we were informed that the interview has been scheduled by mistake and that I will receive the decision in mail. They also asked me to come back if i did not receive the decision in 60 days. Do any of you have similar experience ? What could be the possible outcome ?

Hi, everyone! could you please share your experience with second interview? did you receive decision after?
Thank you!

After my first interview at AO , i received a letter that your case has been referred to an IJ.so i got an interview date 3 months from then.
On the first court date they just call u and confirm your personal details and give you a face 2 face interview date.
Reason:- In my case my attorney ,its always ur lawyers turn to interview u soshe covered most of the important topics in my story by herself only ,so there were less questions by the state lawyer and the judge to ask you
2.Do get an interpreter as it gives you double time to think about the answer you have to give.
3.Do not change your story even a lil bit bcoZ they have the exact written answers that you gave at your AO interview
4.Ask your attorney to get ur AO interview CD so that u can listen to it and see that what did you answer at that time so u keep the same answers.

Thanks for the Tips @shael728

I was scheduled for a second interview. My first interview took place in August 2018. I and my lawyer went to the asylum office for the second interview. We waited for about an hour, and after that we were informed that the interview has been scheduled by mistake and that I will receive the decision in mail. They also asked me to come back if i did not receive the decision in 60 days. Do any of you have similar experience ? What could be the possible outcome ?
Hello, have you received your decision yet? and were you in status when you filed your case?

So you were scheduled for individual hearing a year after your MCH wow that's a quick one mine was scheduled 4yrs later. Which state are you in?

Hi
Thanks for the information. Can you please tell how we can get AO interview CD ?