Asylum based LGBT

Hi everyone.
Is there anyone in this forum has applied for asylum based LGBT?
How was your experience with it?
Did anyone get denial?
What are your advises about it?
Thanks!

I applied based on lgbt, I will advise you tell it as it is. Your fear, persecution, your stories with your partner, reasons you fear to go back etc. I’ve not gotten my decision yet, but everything I let my story out I feel a little bit better and getting the support I need takes part of the fear away from me. Goodluck

Hi everyone.
Is there anyone in this forum has applied for asylum based LGBT?
How was your experience with it?
Did anyone get denial?
What are your advises about it?
Thanks!

If you have been persecuted or have a well-founded fear of future persecution again in the future because you are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender/Intersexed, you could have a claim for asylum. Remember you have the burden to provide detailed proof and convenience or convince the immigration officer that you suffered or feared persecution and that the oppression to one of the five grounds mentioned in the Immigration Nationality Act. These are (race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion), You should always provide details about what happened to you on your application for asylum and during your testimony. Be concise describe incidents you experienced, including names, dates, and why you believe the harm is tied to your being gay, lesbian, transgender, or something related.US courts are well known to rule that sexual orientation to be a recognizable social group, explicitly saying that homosexuals and transgender people constitute a social group. Be ready to have very uncomfortable moments getting out as being in the LGBT group over and over again, talking about hard topics like HIV or Sexuality which is tricky and fluid.

[QUOTE] It is always a good idea to consult with an LGBTQ immigration attorney when thinking about applying for asylum based on such LGBT cases example in DC area http://lgbtbardc.org/links/ and NYC https://www.immigrationequality.org/our-work/#.XLPmGS_Mw1I [/QUOTE]