Green card resident since date vs departure date

chinu78

I got my dad's green card renewed and the resident since date is June 23 2018.
He left USA on April 9th of 2018( i sent his renewed green card to him).
Does the 1 year period (by the time he has to return ) start on April 9 2018 or June 23 2018.

one year from the date he left
But the dates on the green card don’t make sense to me, if it’s a renewed green card he has been resident much longer. Did they make an error on the card?

Thanks for the response. I haven't received any documentation or notification from USCIS that they made an error. His original(first) issue date is June 2008 so i am guessing they renewed based on that date. We applied for renewal in April.

Thanks for the response. I haven't received any documentation or notification from USCIS that they made an error. His original(first) issue date is June 2008 so i am guessing they renewed based on that date. We applied for renewal in April.
Re read the dates on the first post.
Like @SusieQQQ said. Your dates aren't making sense. The resident "since date". Is always the date you first entered the country.
You guys need that rectified. The date should reflect 2008.

Eg I first got a GC 2003
When renewed in 2013.The new GC stated. Resident since 2003

Apologize. You are correct. The Resident since date is indeed June 18/2008. I made a mistake in my original post.
I guess the answer is still the same. Since he last left April 9 2018 he has to be back before that date correct ?

Apologize. You are correct. The Resident since date is indeed June 18/2008. I made a mistake in my original post.
I guess the answer is still the same. Since he last left April 9 2018 he has to be back before that date correct ?
Yes, maximum one year absence (unless he has a reentry permit, but I’m assuming you’d have mentioned it if he did)