I-551 Stamp at Pakistani Passport

kwan225

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Does any1 holding Pakistani passport and has I-551 (temporary evidence of lawful permanent resident), Does this stamp helps at Pakistani airport? do they (FIA or customs) recognize I-551 stamp? Did any1 face any problem on his/her last visit to pakistan with this stamp? :eek: what about Dubai? do they recognize ? i heard that you can not travel Via UK because they will not let you travel back to USA with this stamp.. :eek:

Please advice. Thank You :)
Today 09/22/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello kwan225,

I do not think you should have any problem with the stamp as long as it is valid. From all I have read on it, it seems to be very recognized all over.

Stoned!

I do not think you should have any problem with the stamp as long as it is valid. From all I have read on it, it seems to be very recognized all over.

Stoned!

Thankx Stoned for this reply, yes i have heard that too but as i wrote from UK (Manchester/Heathrow) with this stamp, they don't allow you to travel to USA. and i do not trust Pakistani FIA/Customs as well, i know at Dubai i'll not have any problem.

did any1 recently visit to PK with I-551?

If the following is true, then you will need a UK transit visa:

If you hold a valid travel document with a US ‘ADIT’ stamp saying – 'Processed for I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL [date]. EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED'

I saw that on this link:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit

BTW, I did recently go to the Pakiland via Heathrow, but I had the actual GC with me.

Good Luck,

Stoned!

US embassy suspends visa service in Pakistan

US embassy suspends visa service in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: US embassy in Paksitan has suspended its visa service in Pakistan for an indefinite period today (Thursday).

Spokesperson of US embassy in Islamabad confirmed visa service has been suspended for an indefinite period. Only those applicants who were called for interviews today would be entertained today, and this service will not be available tomorrow onwards.

It has also been learn t that US government has issued a fresh advisory for its citizens to remain watchful in Pakistan and has directed them not to travel and stay unnecessarily in Pakistan.

Hi,
This is response to my own question about I-551 stamp on passport and visit pakistan.
There is no issue as far as you have old (expired) Green card with you or atleast I-797. The FIA still works old way. they have to verify your RED I-551 Stamp.
Good luck. :)

Hi All,
Does any1 holding Pakistani passport and has I-551 (temporary evidence of lawful permanent resident), Does this stamp helps at Pakistani airport? do they (FIA or customs) recognize I-551 stamp? Did any1 face any problem on his/her last visit to pakistan with this stamp? :eek: what about Dubai? do they recognize ? i heard that you can not travel Via UK because they will not let you travel back to USA with this stamp.. :eek:

Please advice. Thank You :)
Today 09/22/08
Hi Kwan 225 I have a same adit stamp on my passport and I'm waiting for my green card it will late but I'm going in February to karachi u said should have expired gc or I 797 can u explain about i797

Hi Kwan 225 I have a same adit stamp on my passport and I'm waiting for my green card it will late but I'm going in February to karachi u said should have expired gc or I 797 can u explain about i797

Do you believe the member would still be active 10 years later?

Salam Qureshi11432 did you make it to Pakistan and able to come back with your expired green card ot a temporary I-551 stamp along with you I-797? I am looking forward to travel to Pakistan and I dont have my expired green card. What I have is I-797 and a stamp on my Pakistani passport. Thank you.