US citizenship application background check for overseas experience

maverick_s

I have stayed overseas to work with a company there for about two years. and things didn't develop as expected.
the company carried out some unlawful operation and I did a whistle blow and left the company.
the company now try to revenge on this by bringing a legal case against me using false allegation, all witness against me are from within the company.
given the corruption level in that country, I don't think I can win the case even the accusation are not true.

so, in two years, I will apply for US citizenship, will the background check search include overseas experience and then make a mark and affect my my citizenship application ?

thanks guys

I have stayed overseas to work with a company there for about two years. and things didn't develop as expected.
the company carried out some unlawful operation and I did a whistle blow and left the company.
the company now try to revenge on this by bringing a legal case against me using false allegation, all witness against me are from within the company.
given the corruption level in that country, I don't think I can win the case even the accusation are not true.

so, in two years, I will apply for US citizenship, will the background check search include overseas experience and then make a mark and affect my my citizenship application ?

thanks guys
Does the country in question maintain a computer data base? For information such. As court system. Outstanding warrants things of that nature...

“ corruption level in that country” is it on friendly terms with the US?
Does the cia factbook mention corruption as an issue?

Are you actually there to fight the case, or what?

Jbuff. yes they do.
The background check they do over here is very extensive.
I wont ask you to mention the name of the country but do some research to see if they share intel with the US because if they do. Your incident could show up. If you were to leave without seeing the case through and an arrest warrant is issued.

“ corruption level in that country” is it on friendly terms with the US?
Does the cia factbook mention corruption as an issue?

Are you actually there to fight the case, or what?

Susie, corruption as a practice in there, i will say it's a highly popular practice throughout all business carried out there. and US government and media has published quite a few ( if not many ) of the government official and their related family members holding big chunk of money in the US banks and real estate.

no. I'm not there to fight the case, since I don't think i can win the case in that world.

where should i find the corruption mentioned by cia factbook for a particular country?

Last edited:
The background check they do over here is very extensive.
I wont ask you to mention the name of the country but do some research to see if they share intel with the US because if they do. Your incident could show up. If you were to leave without seeing the case through and an arrest warrant is issued.

they definitely don't have extradition with each other.
i don't think they share intel, especially at CIA or FBI level.
does the background check only use CIA/FBI, not third party commercial company?

they definitely don't have extradition with each other.
i don't think they share intel, especially at CIA or FBI level.
does the background check only use CIA/FBI, not third party commercial company?
Unless ur wanted to the point where your name is on interpol list don't worry about it dude... They do FBI checks along with all other local law enforcement and court records...

Unless ur wanted to the point where your name is on interpol list don't worry about it dude... They do FBI checks along with all other local law enforcement and court records...

if CIA/FBI knows I have stayed in that country for two years, do they ask that country ( or hire third party ) to check my history during that two years then?

i guess no. right?

One of your old threads from years ago lists a particular country. All posts, including that information, is public. Just sayin..

One of your old threads from years ago lists a particular country. All posts, including that information, is public. Just sayin..

fully aware of that. but that's not the country in this thread pal.
nothing need to be worried if that's the country i'm working with.
:)

if CIA/FBI knows I have stayed in that country for two years, do they ask that country ( or hire third party ) to check my history during that two years then?

i guess no. right?
Just did a quick Google check and saw a few articles about The US also includes international agencies in the background checks. But that country would need to be sharing info with the US. So I don't think they would know what history you have in that particular country.

i guess no. right?

Depends on the country. If it’s one considered hostile to the US for example, you can bet your booties they’ll do checks,

I dont think, you ll be in trouble. if you have your interview, it means you have been cleared.
The interview date is set up after background come clean. keep us posted.

in form N400, they do ask for past 5 years of residence and employer/school.
does it mean FBI will check the court record in that country, even that country is not friendly to US?

in form N400, they do ask for past 5 years of residence and employer/school.
does it mean FBI will check the court record in that country, even that country is not friendly to US?

The US has ways to check on information in non-friendly/non-cooperative countries, as Susie noted above. Your obligation is to provide facts on the n400.

The US has ways to check on information in non-friendly/non-cooperative countries, as Susie noted above. Your obligation is to provide facts on the n400.

form N400 only ask for last 5 years of history. does that mean if I stayed overseas only 6 years ago then they won't check that country?