Can i move my asylum case to another state before master hearing.....?

Jay_grewal

I am in California and my asylum master hearing is pending in DEC 2019, I was wondering if can move my case to Nevada before master hearing...??

if yes

what is the procedure ...???

Hi Jay. Yes, you can move your case to Nevada before your master hearing but you need to apply motion to change of venue by giving a good reason why you are moving to Nevada. After that, the judge will be decide either granted or denied. I have moved my case to NY before my master hearing.

Hi Jay. Yes, you can move your case to Nevada before your master hearing but you need to apply motion to change of venue by giving a good reason why you are moving to Nevada. After that, the judge will be decide either granted or denied. I have moved my case to NY before my master hearing.
OKAY ..THANK YOU FOR REPLY.

Can you send me any sample letter to give any reason to move my case to Nevada.I didnt hired any attorney so far.will see if i need one after master hearing.

thnks for help

Absolutely, no problem.

About the reason, I meant that reason should show why you are moving to another state. Main thing is that It is not about changing your case state but moving to another state. For example, you can not move your case to Nevada when you are still living in California. In conclusion, the judge has to see your moving reason is understandable. After the judge grants your demand then it will be transferred to new state.

I didn’t have sample letter for that because my attorney took care of everything. I had just explained to my attorney why I moved to NY.

Ps: I highly recommend you to hire attorney about this change of venue case

Absolutely, no problem.

About the reason, I meant that reason should show why you are moving to another state. Main thing is that It is not about changing your case state but moving to another state. For example, you can not move your case to Nevada when you are still living in California. In conclusion, the judge has to see your moving reason is understandable. After the judge grants your demand then it will be transferred to new state.

I didn’t have sample letter for that because my attorney took care of everything. I had just explained to my attorney why I moved to NY.

Ps: I highly recommend you to hire attorney about this change of venue case
Thank you for help.