• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2019 winner

Omnia

Hello everyone!
My dad won the dv2019 and his CNAF34xxx, My mom is included as accompanying and of course on children included as we are all over 21! Now i don't know if any of us could make it to the US with them as the family visa for GC holders takes forever. I heard that if your parents are old they can bring their son/daughter to live with them faster! is this true? And how long is the processing times for the F2B visa?

P.s sorry for my bad English!

1. You the children will not benefit from your father’s DV selection as DV derivatives.
2. There is no such thing as “if the parents are old, they can bring their son/daughter to live with them faster”.
3. Your parents, after their become LPRs, may be able to sponsor their unmarried children 21 years and older under the F2B family category - current processing time: 4 years.
4. Your parents, after they become USC, may be able to sponsor their married children 21 years and older under the F3 family category - current processing time: 11 years.

I’m so sorry I have another question since i have no one to live with if my parents leave to the US what are my chances of going with them even if on a vist visa or something else since I’m 24! I’m really sorry i don’t have much information

You can visit your parents if you have (or are able to get) a visitor’s visa. You however CANNOT live in the US on a visitor’s visa. Plus, in the US, a 24 year old person is considered old enough to live on their own. As a matter of fact, an 18 year old is considered to be a legal adult, which means they are old enough to live on their own.

And again to emphasize (especially given your age and the time to wait) that as long as your parents are only LPRs, an F2B petition only remains valid as long as you’re single. If you get married before your parents become citizens (minimum 5 years after they get their green cards, likely longer with processing times etc) the petition will become invalid. After they become citizens they can apply for F3 but that will be a brand new petition starting at the new filing date. If you get married after they become citizens then the F2B petition can convert to a F3.