Parent Greencard

goodguy1

My father has interview scheduled next week. He is here on Visitor Visa. He is 90 years old and has dementia. No one is there in my country to take care of him. He came here in last may( a year back). now during that visa interview there will be any problem for him. I filed I-130 and 485 at the same time to change the status.

What kind of problem are you worried about? That he will not be able to handle the interview, that he will be in trouble for the overstay, or something else?

I am more worried about the overstay. Will he be in trouble for overstay? He will not be able to handle interview so I am going with him as an interpreter, so I guess that part will be fine.

I am more worried about the overstay. Will he be in trouble for overstay? He will not be able to handle interview so I am going with him as an interpreter, so I guess that part will be fine.

Immediate relatives of US citizens (as he is) are forgiven overstays, so you don’t need to worry about that aspect.

My mother over stayed 10 years. And wasnt given any problems when my Brother filed for her

They will need proof of your Entry. Passport you used. But im guessing you already knew that

As much as many of us wish AOSing from a B2 should be outlawed, it is what it is. The law should be, if entering on a B2, exit the US using the return ticket.. and interview at a US Consulate. No wonder Americans seem fed up of illegal overstayers.

That said, a 90-yr old applicant shouldn't face issues, he did after all manage to qualify for a visitor visa.

As much as many of us wish AOSing from a B2 should be outlawed, it is what it is. The law should be, if entering on a B2, exit the US using the return ticket.. and interview at a US Consulate. No wonder Americans seem fed up of illegal overstayers.

That said, a 90-yr old applicant shouldn't face issues, he did after all manage to qualify for a visitor visa.
He asked for advice. To his specific situation
Not for your political views. Smh

Thank you all for your reply.. Btw just to let you know that

btw just to let you know that i understand where you coming from but when he was fit he never wanted to come here because he was able to take care himself. This is me insisting him to stay as he has dementia and dont remember thing. besides me no one is there to take care of hime that's why he overstayed.

Thank you everyone for your reply.. Last question .. does he has to go for VISA interview, I was believing that if you are 85+ you dont need to go for VISA interview. Can I request them for the same? Thanks again..

Thank you everyone for your reply.. Last question .. does he has to go for VISA interview, I was believing that if you are 85+ you dont need to go for VISA interview. Can I request them for the same? Thanks again..

I believe the age exemptions are only for tourist visas, not immigrant visas.

No issues, during migration, as there are many servants as well as caregivers in the flight who will take care of your elderly father. But what after they moved to the other place? who will take care of them? These are the questions might come into your mind. But not to worry, many such caregiver and eldercare lawyers are available in the city who can take care of elderly parents at home. You can hire them to look after your father.