• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

My sister in law told me that DV2019 they have to submit ds260 before September? If this is true, can KCC give deadline to fill ds260?

Hello Britsimon
I am here again after I missed DV 2014 due to high case number , well now let me know what you think about AF19xxx is it high or low case number so would will be schedule for interview???, I believe your answer would be is too early to determine but only I trust your suggestions and forecasting :):)

Hello Britsimon
I am here again after I missed DV 2014 due to high case number , well now let me know what you think about AF19xxx is it high or low case number so would will be schedule for interview???, I believe your answer would be is too early to determine but only I trust your suggestions and forecasting :):)

This case number looks fine. Early 2019 you might get interview. Best luck and congratulation for being reselected after missing out in DV 2014

Hello Britsimon

Too early to be precise, but a safe number.

Eligibility Requirement #1:
 Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2019 program.
I applied based on the above and got selected, charged to my mother's country of birth and nationality.
Questions:
1. What is the standard of proof at the interview for?
2. My mom has a state-issued national identity card and a passport to prove her nationality. Will I be required to take the documents along for interview of take my mum along? How am I supposed to prove her nationality to the CO?
3. How do I prove my maternity from her? I will be happy if a DNA is requested.
Thank you.

Hello guys, quick question,

I've been selected for the DV-2019.

When I submitted my application, I was living in France. Now I live in Canada what should I do to get my interview in Canada? I did not submit my ds 260 yet.

Thanks

 Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2019 program.
I applied based on the above and got selected, charged to my mother's country of birth and nationality.
Questions:
2. My mom has a state-issued national identity card and a passport to prove her nationality. Will I be required to take the documents along for interview of take my mum along? How am I supposed to prove her nationality to the CO?
Thank you.

Where your parents or your mom temporarily residing in the country of your birth? Where they working or visiting at the time of your birth? Did they depart after giving birth to you? Are they still living in that country? That’s what you’ll have to proof, not your maternity from your mom.

Hello guys, quick question,

I've been selected for the DV-2019.

When I submitted my application, I was living in France. Now I live in Canada what should I do to get my interview in Canada? I did not submit my ds 260 yet.

Thanks

Put your Canadian address on the DS260 form and select Montreal as processing embassy.

Questions:
Thank you.

To add to what mom said, if you can prove the required information, your long form birth certificate which is required for the interview will list both your parents.

Re what you need to show you can read FAQ 2 on page 8 of the instructions. You presumably explained these details in your entry as per the same? https://travel.state.gov/content/da...ain_Language_Instructions_and_FAQs_.pdf#page8

Questions:
Thank you.
Where your parents or your mom temporarily residing in the country of your birth? Where they working or visiting at the time of your birth? Did they depart after giving birth to you? Are they still living in that country? That’s what you’ll have to proof, not your maternity from your mom.
To add to what mom said, if you can prove the required information, your long form birth certificate which is required for the interview will list both your parents.

Re what you need to show you can read FAQ 2 on page 8 of the instructions. You presumably explained these details in your entry as per the same? https://travel.state.gov/content/da...ain_Language_Instructions_and_FAQs_.pdf#page8

What John D has not mentioned above (but has on my blog) is that his father was born in the country of his birth - so he cannot claim the missionary exception that he quoted.

What John D has not mentioned above (but has on my blog) is that his father was born in the country of his birth - so he cannot claim the missionary exception that he quoted.

Even though the extract he quoted clearly says “....in which neither of your parents was born ...”!!

By the way some of the comments on your blog do make me chuckle. Like the person who worried that the interview might be on a day that would interfere with her work... (hmmm yes but probably not nearly as much as moving to the US will!!!!)

By the way some of the comments on your blog do make me chuckle. Like the person who worried that the interview might be on a day that would interfere with her work... (hmmm yes but probably not nearly as much as moving to the US will!!!!)

LOL. Yeah, some people don't quite seem to think things through...

Talk about selective interpretation - which explains why he omitted the information re father’s place of birth, even though eligibility criteria he quoted clearly says ‘neither of your parents”

Same here

My CN is 2019AF00018xxx, what's the appropriate time to submit my ds260. Thanks

What do you mean by appropriate time for DS260 form submission? Is there anything specific about your situation we need to know about?