• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Will Be Soon!!!!!!!

What's making me nauseous is knowing that the 100,000 selectees for DV-2019 have already been decided. Somewhere our names are sitting there with a 'yes' or a 'no next to them. That's terrifying.
Definitely a scary thought, only thing that can be done now is to wait! Im definitely expecting not to win, but you never know!

Hello everyone... It's been a while I didn't post anything over here
I guess I didn't have a lot to say since octobre I just had to go on with my life.
It is my third try this year, and I must admit it was way easier not to think about the dv results compared to previous years. I was trying to find other type of visas like the E2 to work on. DV still is the "easier" and cheaper choice but I have decided that relying on luck is not enough and I have to have other options.
I wish us all the luck for tomorrow. The "old" members still trying and the new comers too.
A special hello to Pierre , I'm so rooting to you this year.

P.S.: I will be frantically refreshing this page and the dv one for the next 24-48 hours so please drop a message if you suffer from the same syndrome.

Hi Guys, good to have some people in the same boat. I'm currently in the US on a J-1 visa and my company is applying for H-1B for me (which is also a lottery). If I'm not selected there, the DV is my only chance of staying here. Hope many of us get it! The fact that we are here means it is really important to us! Fingers crossed.

Just remember that you will almost certainly spend the first 30 minutes retrying the page for your results as the site will be down. :)

That probably won't stop you trying (it won't stop me), but keep it in mind :D

that's part of the process... the hysterical refresh click is a must

Well another year has almost past, less than 24 hours to go! Personally, I won't even try checking until tomorrow evening based on my experience with the website last year. I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck :D
How ? No! LOL
please do overload the website with us.
The no blinking dry eyes/ cringing teeth/ finger automatically clicking refresh is the best part. where hope is peaking and adrenaline rushing

Hi Guys, good to have some people in the same boat. I'm currently in the US on a J-1 visa and my company is applying for H-1B for me (which is also a lottery). If I'm not selected there, the DV is my only chance of staying here. Hope many of us get it! The fact that we are here means it is really important to us! Fingers crossed.
Oh good luck , it seems you're doing your best to get that on your side!!!

Re the Indian eligibility questions... it can be country of birth, or you can use your spouse if their country is eligible, or in very limited cases your parents.

About refreshing... the year i got selected (2012 for DV2013) I found out TWO DAYS after the official announcement time. The website just kept going down. Hopefully it doesn't take so long this year, haha. Good luck all, less than a day to go now... (just before 5pm EDT monday evening right now)

I feel like I am such an old hand at this now! I will check in a day or two after. I am feeling pretty chill about it all, if it is to be, it is. All the best and enjoy the excitement, it's all part of it!

Good luck everyone

Q

Hello everyone,
I have never commented on the forum before but I have been lurking since i heard of DV in 2016
Second time applying from Ghana
Keeping my fingers crossed for the best. Best wishes to everyone on this forum.

I feel like I am such an old hand at this now! I will check in a day or two after. I am feeling pretty chill about it all, if it is to be, it is. All the best and enjoy the excitement, it's all part of it!

Good luck everyone

Q

Good luck Q!

i think i’m gonna check in a couple of days too. only try to check on the first day if wanna have a nervous breakdown, the servers are gonna be in shambles