O1 visa

igui

Registered Users (C)
Please, could you help me with this?

I've had O1 visa for 5 years. What happens if a quit my job? Do I loose my rights to stay in USA. Can I stay here searching for another job?

Thanks

O-1visa

Hi

I havea question of how to get the O1visa and how do you qualify for that. I'm on my OPT right now and that is going to expire in January 3rd. I have a offer to get to join a newly opened production company (music and film) either as a cowner or get hired as director/producer/screenwriter. I have a degree in film production with focus in Screenwriting. I graduated in December 2004 and have had some jobs here and there but not somebody who cansponser me for H1 visa.

Please let me know if you know what options I might have.

Thank you in advance for your time and respond.

as far as i know, for O visa concerns, this is a very usefull website:

http://www.artistsfromabroad.org/

i also belong under category of O visa (visual arts) , but i still have a long way to go to get all the necessary documents to qualify for the O visa petition..

loosing o1 visa

for as far as I know you loose your o1 visa if you loose the fob that got you that visa.
That would mean that you would go back to the tourist status and have to find a new sponsor to get a new o1 visa.

need O1 help

Hello Friend,
Thank you for your reply on my Eb1. I need your help on my O1.
I am in great trouble. I need your help. Now my status is H1 in a university. My I-140 in EB2 (NIW) got approved. I am from India hence could not apply I-485. I got a job offer from a company. However, I can not apply for H1 to work in company because the cap is full. Is it possible for me to apply O1 and trasfer to the company. One of my friends told me that as my I-140 is approved it is not possible to transfer from H1 to O1 and If I transfer then my I-140 will be rejected. I asked my attorney but he is telling no problem. My friend is telling that attorney may lie because he will get now $4000 from my O1 visa. Hence, attorney is trying to trick me. I do not know what to do now. I need all your helpful advice.
I am greatly thankful for your help.
Thank you,
2006hunter

Please, could you help me with this?

I've had O1 visa for 5 years. What happens if a quit my job? Do I loose my rights to stay in USA. Can I stay here searching for another job?

Thanks

If you are sponsored by an agent representing you and your employers (such as Mastery Productions LLC) you will be able to work with anyone in your field, and it's not a problem if your work stops and you are searching for another. You are not dependent in an employer in order for your visa to be valid. This is why most O1 artists or scientists prefer such sponsorship.

If you are sponsored by an agent representing you and your employers (such as Mastery Productions LLC) you will be able to work with anyone in your field, and it's not a problem if your work stops and you are searching for another. You are not dependent in an employer in order for your visa to be valid. This is why most O1 artists or scientists prefer such sponsorship.

That post was nearly 13 years ago...one assumes the situation has been resolved one way or the other by now ;)