• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

December 2017 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

AFRICA: 13,000
Except:
Egypt: 8,300
Ethiopia: 9,200

ASIA: 3,400
Except:
Iran: 2,800
Nepal: 2,650

EUROPE: 8,200

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 5

OCEANIA: 475

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 500

These numbers are for January cut off correct? For Europe looks like only 2k per month so far. Hopefully it picks up the following months..

Last edited:
Why frown? We are only 4mo in (in terms of the bulletin), and we are already more than a half way there with regard to your number :)

I think people with high case numbers are worried. They can just wait and see how the process flows and see if they numbers get to be in the lucky roster for interviews.

Yay, my interview is set in January. EU7XXX :)
Hello SmaIlland, can I ask you when have you sent your AOS package? Have you already done your BIO?
I am EU62xx and I was planning to send my AOS package around Dec 15th. I was curious about the timing process (even if it can be quite different between different field office).

Many Thanks

Hello SmaIlland, can I ask you when have you sent your AOS package? Have you already done your BIO?
I am EU62xx and I was planning to send my AOS package around Dec 15th. I was curious about the timing process (even if it can be quite different between different field office).

Many Thanks
Hi,
Don't worry. Ask as much as you want!
What is an AOS package??
And if you mean medical with BIO, the answer is no. I'm planning on doing that next month.

Hi,
Don't worry. Ask as much as you want!
What is an AOS package??
And if you mean medical with BIO, the answer is no. I'm planning on doing that next month.
AOS package is a collection of documents you send to USCIS when you apply for green card while being physically present in US. If you have an interview abroad in embassy or consulate, it (along with the BIO) doesn't apply to you.

@Fanuel AOS Timeline spreadsheet has all the information you seek.

AOS package is a collection of documents you send to USCIS when you apply for green card while being physically present in US. If you have an interview abroad in embassy or consulate, it (along with the BIO) doesn't apply to you.

@Fanuel AOS Timeline spreadsheet has all the information you seek.[/QUOTE

Thank you @Xarthisius....I'm following the spreadsheet and now I see that was just a mistake. SmaIlland meant to say he is current in january, not that the interview is set. I was asking because there was no interview date on the spreadsheet.

Thank you @Xarthisius....I'm following the spreadsheet and now I see that was just a mistake. SmaIlland meant to say he is current in january, not that the interview is set. I was asking because there was no interview date on the spreadsheet.
I don't think that was a mistake. If @Smallland is doing CP, they might have already received 2NL with interview details in January.

I don't think that was a mistake. If @Smallland is doing CP, they might have already received 2NL with interview details in January.
Xarthisius is correct. @Fanuel, CP works quite differently to AOS. You need to stick to the AOS thread/spreadsheet or you may get confused about what you need to do and timings! The vast majority of DV applicants process via consulates, not AOS.

Xarthisius is correct. @Fanuel, CP works quite differently to AOS. You need to stick to the AOS thread/spreadsheet or you may get confused about what you need to do and timings! The vast majority of DV applicants process via consulates, not AOS.

Thank you Sussie, I didn't know he was doing CP. I asked because on the AOS spreadsheet there still no interview date for anyone and since this year timing process looks a bit different I was curious.
Let's cross fingers for everyone and hope that the interview date will come up without a long waiting time :)

Thank you Sussie, I didn't know he was doing CP. I asked because on the AOS spreadsheet there still no interview date for anyone and since this year timing process looks a bit different I was curious.
Let's cross fingers for everyone and hope that the interview date will come up without a long waiting time :)
Yes, that’s why we ask everyone doing AOS to stick to the AOS thread - interviews are set up differently for CP.

Thank you for the clarification @Xarthisius
I’m interviewing in Sweden so you’re correct that CP is the route I’m going.
I received my 2NL last week for an interview in mid January.