• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How much money should we have saved in bank accounts.

Me and my wife had no money on savings. We did get our apartment valued by an realtor. It was valued to 100.000 USD. They Embassy deemed it to be enough. We just had an paper from the realtor in english. Although the lady at the hatch told us that we needed a contract to prove that we are the owners. But the actuall interviewer did not care for this paper. I guess we looked like decent folks! :p

We did get an affidavit of support aswell. Just to be on the safe side, my friend who lives in the US was kind enough to step up. But they didnt bother to look at those paper.
Everything turned out just fine. - This was in Sweden. It was very laid back.

Just thought I should share how things ended up for us.

Me and my wife had no money on savings. We did get our apartment valued by an realtor. It was valued to 100.000 USD. They Embassy deemed it to be enough. We just had an paper from the realtor in english. Although the lady at the hatch told us that we needed a contract to prove that we are the owners. But the actuall interviewer did not care for this paper. I guess we looked like decent folks! :p

We did get an affidavit of support aswell. Just to be on the safe side, my friend who lives in the US was kind enough to step up. But they didnt bother to look at those paper.
Everything turned out just fine. - This was in Sweden. It was very laid back.

Just thought I should share how things ended up for us.
It's calming to hear that coming from Sweden!
Did you apply with education, and if so was it sufficient with a translated copy of 'slutbetyg från gymnasiet?' :)

Fwiw when I did my interview in South Africa a few years ago they also asked if we owned property. So some consulates are definitely happy to take illiquid assets into account, presumably on the assumption you will or can sell them when you move to the US.

It's calming to hear that coming from Sweden!
Did you apply with education, and if so was it sufficient with a translated copy of 'slutbetyg från gymnasiet?' :)

Yes, I did apply with my education. I simply called my old school, asked them for a new copy of my diploma, but in english. Which I got.
The officer at the embassy deemed it to be sufficent. They never mentioned, so I would guess it was allright.:p

You have been told by DV4Roger that your number is safe. If you had read my 2018 analysis you would have read that your number is safe. Why do you keep ignoring that and saying your number is risky?

Yes I did, I am just (too) cautious by nature. Thanks for replying.