Asylum application

graciousme

hi all- I'm new here but I have been following the news here. I applied for asylum in 2015, interviewed in 2017, then did a 2nd interview 3 weeks ago.
I checked my status online yesterday with the Z number. I got a response that my fee has been waived for my EAD but I have not sent out a renewal for my EAD.
Can someone tell if they have had this experience?
Thanks

The first one on April 6th lasted about an hour. The second one lasted about 2 hours. The 2nd one was more intense than the first one I don't know why.
But thank God in the end everything went well.
What about you have you gotten yours?

The first one on April 6th lasted about an hour. The second one lasted about 2 hours. The 2nd one was more intense than the first one I don't know why.
Congratulations on winning your asylum! Welcome to USA

Thank you!!!!!! I just checked again now, it says your new card is being produced! I'm so happy.
I applied at the Anaheim office.

Really?? Oh my God! I feel so relieved now.
Thank you MWDW so much for replying to my post

Hi graciousme,

When you finished your FIRST interview,did they gave you the letter to pick up the result 2 weeks later (meaning 2 weeks after April 6?),
and when you came 2 weeks later after the first interview, did they gave you the second interview schedule right away?
May I know if they told you why they have to interview you 2 times?
Did the first and second interview conducted by the same officer or different officer?
Did the supervisor involve in the second interview?
When was your second interview?

Thank You graciousme

Hi MWDW,

Yes they said to pick up result in 2 weeks. When I got there, they said no result yet, that they haven't reached a decision.

Then I got a mail for 2nd interview. It was May 17 for the 2nd interview. It was the same officer. Meanwhile my Lawyer told me they wanted ask more questions about religion persecution, they wanted more information.

So I got more information and newer evidence.

When I got there, the officer focused on the new evidence and not on previous questions.

No, the supervisor was not present .

Hi MWDW,

Yes they said to pick up result in 2 weeks. When I got there, they said no result yet, that they haven't reached a decision.

Then I got a mail for 2nd interview. It was May 17 for the 2nd interview. It was the same officer. Meanwhile my Lawyer told me they wanted ask more questions about religion persecution, they wanted more information.

So I got more information and newer evidence.

When I got there, the officer focused on the new evidence and not on previous questions.

No, the supervisor was not present .

Thank You Graciousme :)

You are welcome MWDW. What about you? What stage are you now?

I just did my interview on June 8 few days ago at Anaheim office too,
I hope they will not require me to do second interview :)

By the way graciousme,
after you did the second interview,
did they give you another notice to pick up the result in 2 weeks (just like the first interview)?
or
they just told you to wait for decision in your mail?
I am curious because you found out by checking your EAD status and not by going to the asylum office to pick up the result after second interview.

Oh really! That's good. hopefully you get a straight decision. I'm rooting for you!!!!!

They said they'll mail the decision.

Since it has card production status now. I'm hoping this week to get something in the mail.

How was your interview?

My Interview lasted about 1.5 hours, it was focus and detailed but the officer is very nice and understanding.
I also submit a new evidence (worsening condition) during the interview which the officer also had heard about.
So I certainly hope I don't have to come for second interview because I don't have any more new evidence.

hi all- I'm new here but I have been following the news here. I applied for asylum in 2015, interviewed in 2017, then did a 2nd interview 3 weeks ago.
I checked my status online yesterday with the Z number. I got a response that my fee has been waived for my EAD but I have not sent out a renewal for my EAD.
Can someone tell if they have had this experience?
Thanks
Hi
Thank you very much for sharing. I did my interview on May 10 and they told me in two weeks they will send me the result. Since now I did not get any answer yet .please help me to know what does mean if they didn't send me the result yet? My case is base on religion. By the way could you please tell me how did you check your status with the Z number and where?
By the way, before you did grant was there any fingerprint? My interview took about 4 hours, was it good?
Thank you very much.